Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Sasa

Lukla - Mount Everest Extreme - P3D preview

First up to date P3D screenshots of Lukla - Mount Everest Extreme:

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_004.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_001.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_002.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_003.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks great!

I do however hope that twin otter on the platform in the first picture can be removed. In the old version there was a static aircraft on the platform that couldn't be removed, I hated that. I've never been fond of static aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice!
Something (very) different and in Asia.

I second PatrickZ's comment, please could you make any static aircraft configurable?
Also, will it work with 3rd party mesh, namely FS Global Ultimate Next Gen?

• Upvote 1

I agree fully PatrickZ, option to remove static Aircraft would be nice (or at least the possibility to manually delete a bgl file that contains the static aircraft.) Generally I want to put together my own AI traffic Schedules and repaints based on the real World traffic. For this addon however I imagine most Airports will be sloped and therefor not support AI traffic but still. I honestly rather have no traffic than static traffic. Images look amazing though. Cant wait for this one :)

Would it be possible to provide some sort of rough estimate of the scenery area coverage? I will be creating my own photoscenery to compliment yours so that I will have complete coverage all the way to Katmandu. This area is too darn beaitiful to settle with landclass scenery on those slightly longer flights. //thanks

The coverage will be the same like in the Aerofly FS 2 version:

Thanks for the link Tom, although that does not reveal very much juicy details about the actual coverage area per se. :)For example how far towards Katmandu does it cover in photoreal. Perhaps the developer who actaully knows can chime in here. If not, its not the end of the world, I guess I will just have to improvise my photoreal project then.

Mike  

Sorry my bad, I found it, thanks! Altough a little dissapointing I have to admit that the core area is only 2 meter per pixel resolution, that just is not very sharp and I figured in 2019 the standard among payware developers is at least 1 meter (look at TrueEarth UK for example). With todays bandwidths and cheap SSD I dont understand this desicion and personally I would gladly pay for a proper 1 meter per pixel core area. Well, I guess I can always buy the product and replace all the phororeal myself to 1 meter or 50 cm per pixel area and just copy over the autogen/POIs for my own use I guess.  

9 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Sorry my bad, I found it, thanks! Altough a little dissapointing I have to admit that the core area is only 2 meter per pixel resolution, that just is not very sharp and I figured in 2019 the standard among payware developers is at least 1 meter (look at TrueEarth UK for example). With todays bandwidths and cheap SSD I dont understand this desicion and personally I would gladly pay for a proper 1 meter per pixel core area. Well, I guess I can always buy the product and replace all the phororeal myself to 1 meter or 50 cm per pixel area and just copy over the autogen/POIs for my own use I guess.  

You have to factor in the cost and availability of the imaging in higher rez to understand the why a developer chooses what to use. Us mere mortals have no real way of knowing that. While a private user can use Google Earth or another free source to produce an ortho file, a commercial developer has to pay market rate and then hope to recoup the investment in sales.

• Like 4

Yes and my point after something like 30 years in this hobby is that any freeware developer can throw out some 2 or 10 m/pixel photoreal area in their addons. If you are gonna charge money you need to provide that little extra. But again I will most likely purchase Lukla anyway and replace everythig with my own 1 m or 50cm photoreal manually. 2 m is just to blurry regardless of how much dense autogen you try to hide it under and 10 m is just well....

1 minute ago, mikced76 said:

If you are gonna charge money you need to provide that little extra.

TBH, I think you have no clue how much money you have to pay in some countries for highres aerial pictures. In some countries they are free, even for commercial use and in other you have to pay a hell of money.

• Like 2

Looking forward to Lukla!

Seems like I need to hurry up a bit to get my Tara Air Twin Otter livery ready pretty soon :D 

• Like 1

Hi!

It is currently planned that the static aircraft on each airport where they exist will be manually removable.

Beyond that the imagery resolution has been discussed elsewhere already and I made it very clear that they outer coverage area (see maps) is to be understood as a nice bonus that can be deactivated in favor of FTX Global or an other scenery you may prefer there.

The core are has been created semi-manually from stereo satellite imagery taken from different angles that takes into consideration that mountains have been photographed and mapped from different angles. The usual mapping providers (that have of course access to imagery that is easily 10x or more times as expensive) often offer higher resolution satellite imagery, which however looks horrible around the ridges and/or uses elevation data that simply doesn't look like the real thing - even around the world's highest mountain.

Nice background story: Gathering the necessary data for Antarctica X was a lot easier than for Lukla and the surrounding area! :)

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, mikced76 said:

Yes and my point after something like 30 years in this hobby is that any freeware developer can throw out some 2 or 10 m/pixel photoreal area in their addons. 

Well yeah,  but most of that is simply illegal use of licensed material. Our developers actually pay for all imagery. 
Pretty hard to compete at times.

I hope FSX and P3D versions  will be release at the same time.

Some comparison shots between the old and the new version:

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_005.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_006.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_007.jpg

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_008.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Guess this mountain's name. :)

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_009.jpg

The highest mountain on earth

Hi guys,

Permission granted to show you some screenshots from this beautiful area, remember this are just alfa build shots.

Cheers,

Ruud

-2019-jun-24-001.jpg

-2019-jun-24-019.jpg

-2019-jun-24-009.jpg

-2019-jul-4-006.jpg

-2019-jul-4-009.jpg

• Like 1

Dern, , I cannot wait ! Git'er Done !  :)

I can give you access to my Tara Air Twotter livery if you like to.
There are still some things need to be repainted, but all in all it's pretty close to final testing before uploading.

Aerosoft_DHC-6-TwinOtterExtended_TaraAir-9N-ALO_preview_01.thumb.jpg.690d845f230d3712e648aafaf553c610.jpg

Aerosoft_DHC-6-TwinOtterExtended_TaraAir-9N-ALO_preview_02.thumb.jpg.c485e9a47778e978a1915ecf808fdc27.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Phaplu airport in early morning hours:

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_010.jpg

• Like 2

Lukla at dusk. Note the advanced illumination effects and the new rwy lights:

LuklaMtEverestExtremePreview_011.jpg

• Like 4