Complete in-flight shut down

JackSwyr

I was flying the A319 from KMIA to TNCM just now, was at FL390.  Over an hour into the flight over water when all of a sudden the entire plane shut down.  Lost engines and all electrical power.

I have Windows 10 Pro

A3xx version per updater - 1.2.4.0

P3D 4.5 hot fix.

Never seen this before.  

I can’t even start the APU.

I dropped the gear.

On the overhead all I see is BAT 1 28.0 V & BAT 2 27.9 V

As I type this the plane is descending.

No idea what happened.

Please advise.

28 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

I was flying the A319 from KMIA to TNCM just now, was at FL390.  Over an hour into the flight over water when all of a sudden the entire plane shut down.  Lost engines and all electrical power.

Please advise.

Jack, declare a Mayday and hope you can glide to MYEF.

😊 Sorry, couldn't resist.

Do you have an axis assigned to Mixture? That's what happened to me. My throttle has a mixture axis available for flying prop aircraft and I inadvertently moved it in flight once and the Airbus shut down.

Just a thought.

Randy

31 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Please update to 1.2.4.1

But it doesn’t show up on my updater, it says 1.2.4.0 is the latest.

17 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

Jack, declare a Mayday and hope you can glide to MYEF.

😊 Sorry, couldn't resist.

Almost made it, unfortunately all passengers and crew died :( 

8 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

Do you have an axis assigned to Mixture? That's what happened to me. My throttle has a mixture axis available for flying prop aircraft and I inadvertently moved it in flight once and the Airbus shut down.

Just a thought.

Randy

No sir, nothing set to mixture.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

But it doesn’t show up on my updater, it says 1.2.4.0 is the latest.

Turn on experimental updates in The ASUpdater.

7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Turn on experimental updates in The ASUpdater.

Ok.  But any idea why this happened?

when I went to shut down the PC I saw there was a Windows update.  Related?

I saw no events on the Event Viewer whatever.

Also, will I lose all my liveries?  Last time it took me hours to reinstall them all.

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Also, will I lose all my liveries?  Last time it took me hours to reinstall them all.

The liveries will still be there, but when the aircraft.cfg is being replaced by  a new version, you won't see them.

2 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Ok.  But any idea why this happened?

when I went to shut down the PC I saw there was a Windows update.  Related?

1 hour ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Bob,  I'll make a full report.  But I'm wondering why I have six dislikes?  What on Earth did I do to make people hate me?

Bob,

Those are very old dislikes my friend, and I can't even see what/who they were from.  As things stand now, we are only allowing Likes in the forums, so I'm sure it will correct itself in due course.  Put another way, I've earned about 50 Million Dislikes over the years mearly for posting accurate answers to customer questions.  It's rarely personal back when people did that, and very difficult to know why one received a dislike (which is why we've elected to do away with them).

Just know that plenty of people around here love you!  There's me, Tom, hmmm, there's me...    ;)

Now then... go fly and make us proud my friend!  :)

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Bob,

Those are very old dislikes my friend, and I can't even see what/who they were from.  As things stand now, we are only allowing Likes in the forums, so I'm sure it will correct itself in due course.  Put another way, I've earned about 50 Million Dislikes over the years mearly for posting accurate answers to customer questions.  It's rarely personal back when people did that, and very difficult to know why one received a dislike (which is why we've elected to do away with them).

Just know that plenty of people around here love you!  There's me, Tom, hmmm, there's me...    ;)

Now then... go fly and make us proud my friend!  :)

Thanks Dave, I read through the pages of how to report about this problem.  I’ve flown this plane many times since I bought it and have never seen anything like what happened to me today.  And was astonished to see so many others with the same exact problem.  I just updated it to 1.2.4.1 and am going to try a flight but I have to be honest, this problem and seeing so many others with it coupled with support not being able to duplicate it has me a little on edge.  There’s nothing worse in this hobby for something like this to happen especially when I take so long to set it up in PFPX, etc.

Thanks Dave, I read through the pages of how to report about this problem.  I’ve flown this plane many times since I bought it and have never seen anything like what happened to me today.  And was astonished to see so many others with the same exact problem.  I just updated it to 1.2.4.1 and am going to try a flight but I have to be honest, this problem and seeing so many others with it coupled with support not being able to duplicate it has me a little on edge.  There’s nothing worse in this hobby for something like this to happen especially when I take so long to set it up in PFPX, etc.

We are aware my friend, and since you read the thread then you know it's a very (rather incredible actually) small percentage of people who have reported this issue AND most who have reported this issue have reported it resolved via our latest revisions. While there are a few still reporting the issue, we're now looking at software other than our own that might be causing this. 

While I realize it's difficult for any of us to maintain objectivity when we experience an issue like this, in this case the thread you were sent to has existed since January 4th, is less than 2 pages long, and much of the posts are by the same people, and in your case you didn't have the most up to date version of the Bus. While we care if one person has such an issue (and we do), this problem is not and never has been widespread, and while we've made some changes to our code to help prevent it from occurring the main culprit may well be software other than our own installed by the user as we and other third party developers have found many times over in the past.  As an example, I have never experienced this issue and I'm quite confident that I have at least 6 times the number of flight hours and have flown more different routes than most any of our customers, but I'm also very careful what I install on my system and how my system is configured.

The good news is that we care that you experienced this even if  you're Airbus was an older version, and we're working hard to figure this out for the few on 1.2.4.1 who still have this issue.  but we also want to ensure the perception of this issue is rationale and accurate, and I hope you'll forgive me for working to do so.

Fingers crossed that updating your Airbus will resolve this for you!

Best wishes!

Your fuel was vanished! I've have this situation once, but long time ago with A319 CFM PRO. No fuel, no APU starting...

Before situation the FOB was +4000kg.

6 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We are aware my friend, and since you read the thread then you know it's a very (rather incredible actually) small percentage of people who have reported this issue AND most who have reported this issue have reported it resolved via our latest revisions. While there are a few still reporting the issue, we're now looking at software other than our own that might be causing this. 

While I realize it's difficult for any of us to maintain objectivity when we experience an issue like this, in this case the thread you were sent to has existed since January 4th, is less than 2 pages long, and much of the posts are by the same people, and in your case you didn't have the most up to date version of the Bus. While we care if one person has such an issue (and we do), this problem is not and never has been widespread, and while we've made some changes to our code to help prevent it from occurring the main culprit may well be software other than our own installed by the user as we and other third party developers have found many times over in the past.  As an example, I have never experienced this issue and I'm quite confident that I have at least 6 times the number of flight hours and have flown more different routes than most any of our customers, but I'm also very careful what I install on my system and how my system is configured.

The good news is that we care that you experienced this even if  you're Airbus was an older version, and we're working hard to figure this out for the few on 1.2.4.1 who still have this issue.  but we also want to ensure the perception of this issue is rationale and accurate, and I hope you'll forgive me for working to do so.

Fingers crossed that updating your Airbus will resolve this for you!

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave, I updated and made a two hours flight and it worked.  This is all very interesting.  Have you pinned it down to any particular add-on?

I was running AS4, ChasePlane, FSUIPC, all Orbx stuff, and that’s it.

Thanks.

Jack

4 hours ago, MikaV said:

Your fuel was vanished! I've have this situation once, but long time ago with A319 CFM PRO. No fuel, no APU starting...

Before situation the FOB was +4000kg.

Hi Mika, I originally thought that too but I had no low fuel warnings at all.  I might do a test with the smallest amount of fuel for takeoff and see if I can duplicate this.

Hi Dave and Mika!

Well, I did a test, I flew the A319 over Orbx's LEBB with 1000 pounds of fuel.  So I flew at 10K feet and circled.  Lo and behold, when the FOB read 0 LBS the plane shut down exactly as what happened the other day.  And what was really cool was I was expecting it so I had the gear and falls down and glided in for a perfect landing. Now, I'm not saying this is what happened the other day but it could have been.

Cheers.

Jack

7 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave, I updated and made a two hours flight and it worked.  This is all very interesting.  Have you pinned it down to any particular add-on?

No sir, but only 400, 001 addons left to check!  LOL!

1 minute ago, JackSwyr said:

Hi Dave and Mika!

Well, I did a test, I flew the A319 over Orbx's LEBB with 1000 pounds of fuel.  So I flew at 10K feet and circled.  Lo and behold, when the FOB read 0 LBS the plane shut down exactly as what happened the other day.  And what was really cool was I was expecting it so I had the gear and falls down and glided in for a perfect landing. Now, I'm not saying this is what happened the other day but it could have been.

Cheers.

Jack

It probably wasn't you're running out of fuel in the previous flight my friend, but either way I'm very pleased to hear you're back up and enjoying the Bus!

Best wishes!

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

No sir, but only 400, 001 addons left to check!  LOL!

It probably wasn't you're running out of fuel in the previous flight my friend, but either way I'm very pleased to hear you're back up and enjoying the Bus!

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave.  Unbelievably excellent support here!  Yes, I love this plane, I have all the PMDG Boeing’s but there’s something so intuitive and elegant about Airbus.  :)  Been using this A3xx series far more than any other plane.

6 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave.  Unbelievably excellent support here!  Yes, I love this plane, I have all the PMDG Boeing’s but there’s something so intuitive and elegant about Airbus.  :)  Been using this A3xx series far more than any other plane.

It's actually very interesting you say that!  I was the same way (Boeing/MD/Dash 8 ) but today I too almost always fly the Airbus Pro, and I met quite a few people who said the same thing at the FSExpo 2019 in Orlando last week!

Happy Flights my friend!

8 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Hi Mika, I originally thought that too but I had no low fuel warnings at all.  I might do a test with the smallest amount of fuel for takeoff and see if I can duplicate this.

Well I dotn't either. The fuel just vanish, and I'm start this flight from saved situation. So it was a bug, but only once, and long time (and version) ago! 

... Lo and behold, when the FOB read 0 LBS the plane shut down exactly as what happened the other day.  And what was really cool was I was expecting it so I had the gear and falls down and glided in for a perfect landing...

The passengers must have cheered this time! 😁

8 minutes ago, RRVyper said:

The passengers must have cheered this time! 😁

You know, I thought I heard applause.  Did Aerosoft model that?  :) 

Archived