So what brick and mortar shops do you buy your control hardware?

• Aerosoft

One of Aerosofts focus points this year is sim hardware. As you probably know SimWare has been a part of Aerosoft for some years and we got a treasure of knowledge there (seriously, I do not understand people who buy complex control hardware on price alone, you so often need advice, a spare part or some help, try getting that from an Amazon seller). 

But we are always looking for more shops to offer the hardware we are the distributor for. So that why ask you.... you know any shop that sells joysticks, pedals etc that could use a better selection? We are looking for shops with owners that really care. Not webshops but real shops where you can try the hardware before buying.  Right now we are looking for these shops in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.  If you have any name for us we would be most grateful!

In the meantime, I bet my reputation on that fact that Simware in Brussels is the best place to buy your expensive stuff. We have customers who drive half a day to get their stuff there because Cedric who runs the place is one of the most knowledgable people around if it some to stick potentiometers and knowing what works with what. He is also a seriously nice person. who goes out of his way to help customers.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

(seriously, I do not understand people who buy complex control hardware on price alone, you so often need advice, a spare part or some help, try getting that from an Amazon seller).

Sorry to say, but the sim hardware I'm currently using (Saitek rudder and panels) I've bought at MediaMarkt. They were the cheapest. I could have spent a bit more money for service and buy it at AviationMegaStore for example, but I decided I don't really need that extra service and I'd rather keep the money in my pocket. And I never regretted my decision, it was easy to set up and I've been using it for a number of years. Still works.

However speaking of AviationMegaStore, that's probably the closest you can get to Simware when it comes to flight sim hardware. It's located in Aalsmeerderbrug, very near Amsterdam airport in the Netherlands. I've been there a couple of times, it's a great store. I assume you're familiar with them. They're not the cheapest, but they offer great service.

Archived