Park Brake control button when on Chocks?

GEK_the_Reaper

I recently made a discovery regarding the PB when on chocks and can't recall reading about this issue in here.

I have set up a Joystick Button Control for the PB which didn't seem to work with the CRJ. It was only later that I found out that the button is indeed working but not when the chocks are set!?

Scenario A (CRJ on chocks): Assigned Button will not trigger PB On/Off --> clicking the PB with the Mouse does work

Scenario B (CRJ off chocks): Assigned Button does switch PB On/Off.

Find this behaviour weird and would call it an issue.

Would somebody check this on your systems (I used the CRJ900 with LH NC livery).

Thank you.

• Developer

This has a technical reason. There's no way to stop an aircraft from moving but to use the built-in FS parking brake. The CRJ parking brake sets this and the chocks do it too (and force it to remain set). Your joystick button changes the FS parking brake and that will be overridden right away by the CRJs PB/Chocks logic. You will find the same behavior when you use Ctrl+. to toggle the parking brake.

Vor 1 Stunde, Hans Hartmann sagte:

This has a technical reason. There's no way to stop an aircraft from moving but to use the built-in FS parking brake. The CRJ parking brake sets this and the chocks do it too (and force it to remain set).

I understand Hans BUT (and now the part nobody want's to read), the PB in other ACFT (e.g.: PMDG, FSL) does still work via buttons or keyboard.

The problem is that in standard op you have to set the PB before loosing the chocks and it is exactly this point where you can't use your buttons...

Maybe it's a quick fix related to animation cause even with chocks on, the PB can be engaged/disengaged with a mouse click. So let the PB animate also if triggered via button or KB control (the user won't feel any difference because the aircraft is not moving).

Archived