Loading a GoFlight config via SimStarterNG

Ray Proudfoot

I find SimStarter excellent for launching various programs depending on where and what I fly. However, there is one action I still have to run manually and I’m wondering if there’s a possibility it could be added to SimStarter.

I have various GoFlight saved configurations and they can only be changed by launching the GFConfig utility and loading it there. Is there any way of configuring SimStarter for the relevant config file to be associated with a scenario?

• Developer

Hi Ray,

can you start these configs with the command line? For example like this?

C:\GoFlightApp.exe C:\yourconfig.file

if that's the case you can run it with SIMstarter NG by using the config filename in the "parameter" field of the RunConfig Set Item.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I entered this into the Start Run command...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFConfig.exe" C:\Users\Ray\Documents\GoFlight\FSDefault.gfc

But it just opens the GFConfig.exe with the currently loaded configuration. Do I need to run it with Admin privileges as the source is in Program Files(x86)? Or have I just got the command wrong with the quotations? I have tried with and without on the config path but no joy.

In any case that GFConfig program doesn't need to remain open. A separate file is called to control the GoFlight modules from within P3D - GFDevP3Dv4.exe. All I'm trying to do is open GFConfig, load the config file and then close GFConfig.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally figured it out. The configuration to be loaded is stored in GFConfig.ini  located in C:\ProgramData\GoFlight. By making copies of that file and editing the relevant line to point to the gfc I want to load it gets loaded by running a batch file.

The batch file is now included in the relevant RunConfig set. If anyone else has multiple GoFlight gfc files this is how to load the right one automatically.

Archived