Question about A320 IAE Sharklets w/Satdome

Hello,

I created a livery using the A320 EXTIAEShark model and everything came out fine. I then wanted to add a satdome to my repaint, so I added the texture and switched the model to EXTIAESharkJB (the only IAE model with a satdome if I'm reading the readme correctly?). Now my textures are all black: http://prntscr.com/nxkn3s

What is the correct way to add a satdome to an A320 IAE Sharklet model?

Thanks!

Hi andyman977!

The liveries with the satdomes are a late addition to our airbus project. As many of the american models are very special (satdome structure and antenna assignments) and different compared to many european and world models designed before, it can happen they got unique texture names. Originally those paintkits are designed to stay with the model, so you can make slight alterations of it, as such layouts mainly only exist in just that one airline. But if you want to cross-use paintkits which aren´t thought to be crossed, you have to make sure you use the correct texture names for the models textures. You can make them out going into the original folder residing on your HD and checking the names, then correcting your textures to the name the model "understands". Having a black model means, that on loadup the sim cannot find the textures needed at all, which of course happens too if the textures dont have the correct name and the loadup is totally character sensitive. In case of the JetBlue A320 IAE this would mean its Texture.N828JB folde and make sure you dont overwrite the old ones...

8 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Hi andyman977!

The liveries with the satdomes are a late addition to our airbus project. As many of the american models are very special (satdome structure and antenna assignments) and different compared to many european and world models designed before, it can happen they got unique texture names. Originally those paintkits are designed to stay with the model, so you can make slight alterations of it, as such layouts mainly only exist in just that one airline. But if you want to cross-use paintkits which aren´t thought to be crossed, you have to make sure you use the correct texture names for the models textures. You can make them out going into the original folder residing on your HD and checking the names, then correcting your textures to the name the model "understands". Having a black model means, that on loadup the sim cannot find the textures needed at all, which of course happens too if the textures dont have the correct name and the loadup is totally character sensitive. In case of the JetBlue A320 IAE this would mean its Texture.N828JB folde and make sure you dont overwrite the old ones...

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the explanation! All figured out now :)

Andrew

Archived