Extrem bank without reason autopilot

I don't know how to explain this...

Autopilot was engaged. Unable to follow a correct holding procedure with NAV MODE ACTIVE, ATC gave me vectors but aircraft, after set HDG360 was unable to follow any other HDG, I had to disconnect AP fly manually instructed heading 270, then I try to reconnect again, HDG bug selected 270, trying to move -/+5° to see if the plane is reacting again, then suddenly the CRJ engaged a steep right turn toward ground.

Cheers,

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I actually noticed the same issue last week but I couldn't look into it yet. It happened only in HDG mode. NAV modes were fine. I'll get back to you when I found the reason. May be an easter egg with P3D 4.5.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having this issue? I was looking to get back into flying the CRJ but after seeing this post I may hold off again seeing I'm on 4.5 now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Pete, I've been installing and uninstalling P3D4 (different versions 4.4, 4.5, 4.5HF) quite often. As I wrote earlier, I had this issue once, but since then I haven't seen it again. There was another issue, some time ago, where the aircraft wouldn't capture the localizer. That went away for me after a P3D reinstall as well. I wonder if this heading issue is more or less the same.

Archived