Menorca Pro Flickering?

bradley27

Im unsure if this is a common issue or just for me but in an external view on a user aircraft from above it seems the textures for airport vehicle roads are flickering alot, more so to the point that they dont display? Middle image shows them displaying about right i think the other two (top and bottom show the flickering and non display)

Please login to display this image.

• Developer
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Try moving the scenery up in your scenery.cfg.

Forget that, is not possible with add-on.xml registation and will not fix it.

Will have a look into that, as I remember it was fix already.

• Developer

So, have double check it, it is a problem with the z-Buffering of the groundlines and the 3D hill at the landside needed below this area. This could not easy fixed, needs a general different approach for this area.

As the issue is only happens when you go fare away of this area, I think it is not an big issue for the moment, but will be on the list for the next overhowl of this addon.

I just posted on Simwings actually as i have been working on the ADE file for LEPA Pro this weekend.

The base image for the island ESPECIALLY the mountains across the whole north of the island are so blurry, rarely ever sharp and if they do render properly you lose that sharpness every time you look out to a different view be it a wing view, spot view etc etc.

The airport is fantastic, but can the island get some form of rework to make those mountains textures sharper please?

My rig is pretty powerful and i recently have done a clean full reinstall of everything so my scenery library is in fine order and my settings are perfectly set.

• Developer

As long as we talk about the Professional Version, not the old Evos, the Photos of the Island are based on a 50cm/pixel base. The form your PC load the Photoground (blurrys) is out of the hand of the scenery developers. The BGL are rendered with the SDK tools and there is nothing to configure (expect LOD and compression).

The rest is handled by the Sim, there we have no options from the developer side.

I am not in deep details of the actual tweaks of the cfg, but maybe there are options to optimize the load handling.

Archived