Unknown Engine

Col Buster

I keep getting a very annoying problem.

Every time I try to fly from an airport that is Not the Default airport; I get the message" Unknown Engine." I then have to leave FSX-SE and start again, sometimes also restarting my PC.

This can take 10 minutes or more. 

If I fly from the Default airport this fault does not happen.

Normally I save the flight after unloading the passengers where-ever I land. But like most people I sometimes need to start somewhere different.

I am using the Aerosoft A321 supplied by Steam.

Any Ideas please?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you moppperle,. Sometime a possible fix with the steam FSX is to Validate the program. I did this a and it speeded up my load times but did not fix my problem.

The bad news is it used up almost 20GB of my monthly download allowance, which is 50 GB,  and now I dare not waste any more big downloads this month.

I use up to 3 PCs and Microsoft keeps updating all of them.

Regards Corrie

• 4 months later...

Eventualy I had to bite the bullet and Uninstall the Airbus, Then reinstall it. This took ages, and seems to have reinstalled All my games and upgraded the whole FSX-Se.

The Steam page has now changed (for the worse in my opinion) However My MDCU now works as it should. My internet provider now claims i used too much on the last day of October.

You can consider the problem solved. Thank you.

Archived