Separate ND's and cabin lights

Greetings,

I know this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there has been any progress on the 'bus getting independent Navigation Displays that can also be popped up like the PFD? It's been 5 weeks or so since the previous topic was closed.

Also, will provision be made in the future for the cabin lights to automatically come on when the ambient light reaches a certain level? I know they can be turned on by Shift+L, but that cranks up all the interior lights and makes the cockpit look too bright when viewing in exterior mode.

Regards,

Scott

• Aerosoft

The beta builds we have include the independent ND's, so it should not be too far off. It is hugely important to keep performance in mind though as displaying huge amount of data there (plus terrain, weather) does come at a high cost. So that is mainly being done now, making sure it is as optimized as possbile.

I'll make a suggestion in our bug tracker about your lighting comment, not a bad idea.

Hi Mathjis,

Will the independent ND feature be optional? Those of us with less powerful systems and no need of this feature may suffer trying to keep above our sacred 18fps.

Thanks

Phil

• Aerosoft
On 5/31/2019 at 6:22 PM, Phil Reynolds said:

Hi Mathjis,

Will the independent ND feature be optional? Those of us with less powerful systems and no need of this feature may suffer trying to keep above our sacred 18fps.

Thanks

Phil

No, we will make it so it will not increase the load. Using the latest P3dD v.5 compilers gives us some more room to breathe.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we will make it so it will not increase the load. Using the latest P3dD v.5 compilers gives us some more room to breathe.

Now that sounds like a plan, thanks Mathjis!

Phil

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Great news looking forward to this thanks for the update , i often thought that maybe having independent NDs may accually help performance if you can have say the WX radar on one ND but not the other as some times there is a slight .. very slight... performance degrade with both NDs showing the WX radar but not not sure how the Real airbus works .. is it shown on both or can it be split? any way looking forward to the next build .

Rich

• Deputy Sheriffs

Basically the weather radar on Airbus cannot be split like on Boeing. When you select mode 1 or 2 it will show weather for both pilots given that neither pilot has terrain enabled. Of course you can always dim the weather/terrain mode on the outer ND brightness switch so that it doesn't show anything but the weather radar would still be running in the background for the ND it has been dimmed.

Archived