SimStarter changes Display Settings

danewatson

This is a recent issue since P3D v4.5 HotFix.

I have been using SimStarter for quite a while and not experienced this issue - whenever I start by using SimStarter, and it loads all my other addons, and when P3D loads and from the Scenario screen I choose Options and then look at Display my settings have changed. It seems that SimStarter keeps changing the Prepar3D.cfg file.

I then have to copy over from my extra saved cfg file back to the active cfg file to get my settings back.

Whenever I load P3D without SimStarter my settings are never changed.  See attached screenshots

Second issue is whenever I try to load the SimStarter Diff Manager all I get is a blank white screen that does not maximize to the screen (it stays minimized). So I am not able to check the Diff Manager.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi Dane,

as SIMstarter NG is working with ConfigSets you cannot combine ConfigSets and PREPAR3D profiles. To get back your Display Settings please move to the MasterConfigSet of SIMstarter NG and important the latest working prepar3d.cfg files. All settings from the prepar3d.cfg will be taken into the "Master ConfigSet" of SIMstarter NG.

3 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Hi Dane,

as SIMstarter NG is working with ConfigSets you cannot combine ConfigSets and PREPAR3D profiles. To get back your Display Settings please move to the MasterConfigSet of SIMstarter NG and important the latest working prepar3d.cfg files. All settings from the prepar3d.cfg will be taken into the "Master ConfigSet" of SIMstarter NG.

Thanks for your reply, I did do that before but when I ran P3D using SimStarter it changed. However, today when I just tried it again it did not change my settings - so the conclusion is that all is OK.

However my second issue is whenever I try to load the SimStarter Diff Manager all I get is a blank white minimized screen that does not maximize to the monitor (it stays minimized). So I am not able to check the Diff Manager.

Would you let me know how to fix this issue, as previously I always checked the Diff Manager to ensure all was in sync and I miss not being able to either get an automatic report or be able to manually check.

• Developer

If you are experienced using a Texteditor like Notepad++ you can edit the 

C:\Aerosoft\SIMstarter NG\data\SIMstarter NG Settings.ini

Remove this lines

diffManager_F_posX=460
diffManager_F_posY=170
diffManager_F_height=700
diffManager_F_width=1000
diffManager_F_windowState=Normal

in section

[WINDOWS]

9 hours ago, Capt. PERO said: