3 updates in a row for SAM but the version nr stays the same?

WebMaximus

I've been notified 3 times via email the last 24 hours there's a new version of SAM. And looking at the download page for SAM and the file information, the updated field indeed seems to indicate that is correct. Right now it says the last update was 2 hours ago.

Still the version number stays the same (1.1.0) so just want to understand what's going on and why all these updates without the version number changing? Normally, the version number (or rather revision number) would have been something like 1.1.0->1.1.1 followed by 1.1.2 etc.

• Administrator

Hello.

as I know, the actual version of SAM is the version 1.1.0 (date of this post).

You can see it with the file version.txt in the installed SAM plugin folder.

I don't know why you get three times an update info. May be there where upload problems....

I will try to ask our SAM Manager/Developer for that....

Greets Heinz

Thanks for your reply Heinz but I found another forum where I already got a reply from the developer.

He told me the reason for 3 notifications in a row was how he apparently applied a couple of "hotfixes" after 1.1.0 was already posted. So for anyone who downloaded 1.1.0 when it was first posted, they should re-download to make sure they are on the most current version.

I told him it would have been a good idea to show in the version number when the hotfixes were applied. To allow people to understand the download actually changed even when the version number remained the same. It would have made sense increasing the version to 1.1.1 when the first hotfix was applied and to 1.1.2 when the second one was applied.

Archived