EDLW Dortmund XP folders?

Can anyone help me with my folders for Dortmund XP?

I have so many folders I don't know what to do with them.  In the documentation it says you will have three new folders.. but I've got 6 plus the airport making 7.. what do I do?  Which ones do I put in my custom scenery folder and which ones go in my JSGME Mods folder.. if any?  There are so many folders and options I don't know what to do.  Inside the main airport folder there are more options and seasonal variations.. just so many in total.. help this confused chap!!

Thanks

steve 

• Administrator

Hello Steve,

Download the two zip files and extract them at first.

AS_DORTMUND_XPLANE11.zip

AS_AIRPORT-SCENERY-ANIMATION-MANAGER.zip

Then you can copy all 7 (Extracted) folders:

Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_01_Vegetation

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_02_Forests

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_03_Autogen_Fixes                                              

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_04_Scenery

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_05_Ortho

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_99_Options

into your Custom Scenery folder of your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

The first folder is the Airport.

The Bahrometrix Folders are the environment around the Airport (for Dortmund).

The folder OPTIONS in the folder " Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund " included   for example the JSGME Mods folder with the Mods for making the Airport "winter".

This folder "Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund - Winter Neutral" you have to copy into your MODs folder.

With the "Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_99_Options" you find also a JSGME Mods folder with the content for your MODs folder.

This will make the Bahrometrix Environment "winter".

With all options  there is a short text file name with the instruction what to do with the folder....

The SAM Scenery Animation Manager will be used for the Airport Animations....

How to install I have described with our Forum here.

Greets Heinz

Hello Heinz, thankyou.

May I ask why the 'options' folder has to go into my custom folder as well?  Can it be kept out and used if I wish to change anything?  Or does it have to go in to make everything work ok?

Does this screenshot of my MODS folder look correct to you?  You will see other Aerosoft winter folders in there.. hope they are OK too?

Also, I have found a more detailed version of the stadium which I'd like to use instead.  What do I need to remove from the 'objects' folder so that it wont get in the way of the other stadium I'm adding?

Many thanks

Steve

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello,

I cannot read the filenames complete.

Please expand the folder so that we can read the complete folder names.

Dortmund looks not ok.

You only have to put in the winter (mod) folder for Dortmund.

Also Bergen and Gardermoen are the original Airport folders. They are wrong in the MODs folder.

So your Dortmund, Bergen and Gardermoen Folder only have to lay in the Custom Scenery Folder.

Also EDDK seems to be wrong here.

For Dortmund.

You have to copy the Folder "Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund - Winter Neutral" you have to copy into your MODS folder.

You find it in the ".../OPTIONS/JSGME Mods"  folder.

Greets Heinz

• Developer

In general you just have to put the JSGME winter mods (regardless of the scenery) into the JSGME mods folder - and never the sceneries themselves. 

For Dortmund you have to install these folders into Custom Scenery:

Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_01_Vegetation

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_02_Forests

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_03_Autogen_Fixes                                              

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_04_Scenery

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_05_Ortho

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_99_Options

If you don't need the city scape you can remove all the Bahrometrix layers. The Bahrometrix layers are numbered correctly so they will be in the correct order automatically after starting X-Plane, there is no need to change anything. If you manage your scenery-packs.ini manually or with xOrganizer make sure the order follows the numbers. Alle the layers work as if they were just one single layer as long as they are in this order and nothing else is in between. The EDLW has to be above the Bahrometrix layers but this should happen automatically as well.

Into the mods folder you place these mods (and other winter mods too):

Aerosoft - EDLW Dortmund - Winter Neutral

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_Winter_Neutral (if you want to use the city scape)

I made a JSGME winter mod tutorial explaining some more stuff and how most of this works:

JSGME Winter Mod Tutorial - flyagi.de

Hi

Both my ENGM and ENBR inside my MOD folder contain only the winter files.. (see photo)

I've now changed my EDLW to the winter version also..Although it only contains a 'library' file.... (see photo 2)

EDDK has the two folders in the MOD...

How do they look now?

So If I wish to have this Dortmund Stadium instead of the Aerosoft one which file do I need to take out of the Dortmund Scenery folder?

Thanks

Steve

• Developer
vor 17 Stunden , Flightplanes sagte:

I've now changed my EDLW to the winter version also..Although it only contains a 'library' file.... (see photo 2)

That's fine. The winter textures are already included in the scenery and the library file just redirects to the winter textures. This way you have less file transaction load on your hdd or ssd which leads to faster mod installation, less wear for the drives and a simpler recovery in case something goes wrong with the JSGME file handling. 

vor 17 Stunden , Flightplanes sagte:

So If I wish to have this Dortmund Stadium instead of the Aerosoft one which file do I need to take out of the Dortmund Scenery folder?

You can't just take out a file in X-Plane sceneries, this would lead to an error message on load. To disable the stadium do the following:

1. Go to the 'Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_04_Scenery/objects' folder
  2. Open 'do_westfalenstadion-do_westfalenstadion_0105.obj' in a text editor (better make a backup of the file before)
  3. Delete everything below the header 'A 800 OBJ' and save the file

Now the stadium object is just an invisible placeholder and the scenery will load properly. 

Regarding the other sceneries it might be slightly different in how the winter mods are applied but this is not an issue as this will work as well, it's just done another way and will lead to the same results.

One problem I see for you winter mod installation regarding Gardermoen, Bergen and EDDK - the folder structure is wrong, the mod will install into wrong folders. I suggest removing all of them from your mods folder an start from scratch. For any scenery you should have a winter mod somewhere in the package (as I'm not involved in  ENBR, ENGM oder EDDK development I don't know where you find them exactly but they should be there) which is a folder named like the following ones:

Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Winter

Aerosoft - ENGM Gardermoen - Winter

Aerosoft - EDDK Cologne Bonn - Winter

Those folders are the winter mods and they include the correct file structure, the next folder in the mentioned ones should be 'Custom Scenery', then the original scenery name and in there the patch files. You have to copy the folders listed above into the mods folder - that's all. 

Your EDLW winter mod is installed correctly into the mods folder and there you can see a correct JSGME file structure for X-Plane. If you want to use the city scape in addition to EDLW you have to also install the winter mod for the city which can be found in the

Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_99_Options\JSGME Mods\Winter_Neutral

folder. There you find a folder 'Bahrometrix_Dortmund_v102_Winter_Neutral' and you have to copy this one into your mods folder. 

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I've sorted the stadium.. cheers!

With regards the other airports such as ENBR the Airport folder contains a folder called 'winter textures' and that contains two more folders... 'objects' and 'orthos' (winter versions).  So I created a folder in my JSGME MODS with the same name as the airport and then added them two folders in it.  Is that wrong?  When I added the MODS using the JSGME application it added ENBR fine, but when I went to add ENGM it said that an 'objects' folder had already been added because of ENBR.. so I guess they are wrong. 😞

EDDK... This is similar but also has a libray file in it along with the 'season's folder. (see below)... When I tried to add this using JGSME it gave me the error you see below.

• Developer
vor 14 Stunden , Flightplanes sagte:

With regards the other airports such as ENBR the Airport folder contains a folder called 'winter textures' and that contains two more folders... 'objects' and 'orthos' (winter versions).  So I created a folder in my JSGME MODS with the same name as the airport and then added them two folders in it.  Is that wrong?

In fact, this does not work. JSGME mods always need this structure:

X-Plane 11/MODS/<MOD_NAME>/Custom Scenery/<SCENERY_LAYER_NAME>/<CONTENT>

It seem as if the winter textures for the sceneries are not provided as a ready to go JSGME mod so you have to do this manually:

1.  Create a new Folder 'AS_Winter_Mods' or similar in your MODS folder
  2.  Inside this new folder create a folder 'Custom Scenery'
  3.  Now create a folder with exactly the Scenery Name as it's found in Custom Scenery (for example 'Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen') for all three sceneries in the new Custom Scenery folder
  4.  Put the content from the winter textures folders of the sceneries into the three folders

This might work if the textures are in a kind of copy and paste structure for manual installation. If it does not work Heinz possibly has to check how the winter textures have to be applied for these sceneries. Does the manual tell anything about this? As I've mentioned before I don't have the EGNM, ENBR and EDDK sceneries myself so I can't tell for sure if there is a completely different approach implemented for the seasons.

5 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

It seem as if the winter textures for the sceneries are not provided as a ready to go JSGME mod so you have to do this manually: 

Aerosoft should perhaps look into making them more 'user friendly' and easier to implement such as it is in EDLW. Once they are in, the winter textures look great, just needs to be more 'ready to go' for 'not so intelligent' people like me to install! 😉  I think with the other airports there are far too many 'options' and we get confused. Maybe have JSGME ready folders with Winter and Autumn perhaps.

I've included the Bergen manual for you....

Manual_Airport_Bergen.pdf

I've followed your suggestion and changed my folders...

I've tried them all and the only one not to have winter textures is Cologne which makes me wonder if the folder 'seasons' is wrong as the other airports don't have that folder level... here are the pics... (Dortmund with its white trees looks by far the best!)

• Administrator

Hello,

EDDK has only Seasons assembled for the Plugin TerraMaxx.

So with your JSGME installation for EDDK you only have copied the Seasons folder to EDDK usable for TerraMaxx if I look right...

See Manual page 16/17.

Here a jpg.

eddk-seasons-for-terramaxx.jpg

• Developer
vor 3 Stunden , Heinz Flichtbeil sagte:

EDDK has only Seasons assembled for the Plugin TerraMaxx.

A JSGME mod is pretty easy to do then with a modified library.txt. If someone could provide the library.txt file from EDDK I could make a JSGME mod for the scenery. 

🙂

vor 8 Minuten, Flightplanes sagte:

Ahh, so it wont work with JSGME?

It does work but currently you have to set this up yourself. I can't give you more solid instructions on how to do this exactly because I need the library.txt file to get some information about correct path names. 

vor 15 Stunden , Flightplanes sagte:

I've included the Bergen manual for you.

I had a look into the manual but the only information I get is that it shipds with winter textures but not on how to implement them. As there is a plugin mentioned I think this is possibly TerraMaxx optimized as well. 

• Developer

Regarding the green trees: They are very likely from the default scenery so there is either something wrong with your base winter mod (the one for the global winter) or you possibly have a trees addon installed which does not support winter or you forgot to activate the trees' winter mod. If you're using my global trees you have to choose the seasonal version (and uninstall the non seasonal one), install this into Custom Scenery and install the corresponding winter mod for the trees (this is a separate download) into your mods folder and activate it in JSGME in addition. 

Even if your are not yet using my trees they can possibly solve the green trees problem for you so I suggest to give them a try. 

• Administrator

For Bergen ENBR and Oslo ENGM you can create a Winter Mod byself (as FlyAgi mentioned).

I have done it like this:

Bergen:

Create empty folders in your MODS folder with this content:

Bergen-ENBR-Wintertextures-Mod

I__ Custom Scenery

I__ Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Airport

I__objects

I__orthos

The last two folders "objects" and "orthos" are not empty, but i have copied them form the installed Bergen Airport folder: 

"your X-Plane 11 folder"\Custom Scenery\Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Airport\winter_textures

Oslo - ENGM
Here you only have to copy the "Winter" folder from  the installed "Aerosoft - ENGM Gardermoen" folder into your MODS folder.

I would rename the "Winter" folder to "Gardermoen-ENGM-Winter-Mod" then. Its better than only "Winter"...

That will work. But also here not all trees are white. Some (few) trees keep green... Also with the JSGME Winter Mod for XP11 from X-Flyer.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/25044-winter_package_/

Here FlyAgi can help better than I , I think.

Greets Heinz

• Developer
vor 29 Minuten, Heinz Flichtbeil sagte:

That will work. But also here not all trees are white. Some (few) trees keep green...

Are those still green trees custom ones from the scenery or are they from the global scenery? If they come from the scenery this has to be changed by the developer (or this is possibly intended), if they come from the global scenery they should be white (or grey) if winter mod by xflyer is active and not messed up. 

• Administrator

I think, they come from the Global Scenery. But I have to check it later.. why few trees are green.

I don't use the X-Plane 11 winter_package often....

Greets Heinz

I don't have a global winter package... all the trees I have are default xplane apart from any custom airports that supply trees such as Aerosofts.  Which winter packages work best globally? (and the Uk trees supplied by Orbx).

I remember when I bought Bergen some time back it was explained about the airport trees being different and needing something done differently, but I can't remember what it was... 😞

Steve

• Developer

This one should work fine:

If you want different (and whiter) trees add these and the corresponding winter mod:

FlyAgi Vegetation Global Trees

The trees are the ones used in the Dortmund package (as well as in Tromso and Manchester) and at least around there they will give you better visuals. 

14 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

This one should work fine:

If you want different (and whiter) trees add these and the corresponding winter mod:

FlyAgi Vegetation Global Trees

The trees are the ones used in the Dortmund package (as well as in Tromso and Manchester) and at least around there they will give you better visuals. 

So do I use the winter package by xflyer and then add your libraries for vegitation, then add seasonal vegitation and then winter vegitation to my JSGME Mod folder?

Does the vegitation library replace all the trees in Xplane? Oh, just read.. its for your scenery packages.. doh!

Steve

• Developer

Well, I'm not talking about the vegetation but the global trees - this is something else. The global trees replace the default global trees and those from the winter mod package. To make use of it with seasons you only need the seasonal package as this contains the winter textures. Install the 'FlyAgi_Vegetation_Global_Trees_Seasonsal' into Custom Scenery and the 'FlyAgi_Vegetation_Global_Trees_Winter' into your mods folder - that's all. 

The basic vegetation library (not the global trees) is only needed if you want to use JSGME winter mods for my sceneries. 

Archived