P3Dv4 already running

gdavej

Every time I start SimStarter v1.8.7 (rev 1), I get a popup window saying "Found P3Dv4 already running, Close window now?" with Yes/no buttons. These buttons seem to have no effect, whichever I press, I get the same popup next time I open SimStarter.  I've checked the task manager, there is no P3D process running. What is even more baffling... I can do a cold boot (shutdown, wait a few minutes and start up), and still I get this popup when I open SimStarter, even when this is the first action after logging in. I guess this must mean that there's a flag somewhere, probably in the registry that says P3D is running. I've tried starting P3D outside SimStarter, and stopping in the hope this flag will be cleared, but no joy. 

I noticed other posts about this issue, and I checked that I do not have a Process Lasso running.

This problem is affecting other apps on my laptop, eg FlightBeam Manager, which refuse to start because they too think P3D is still running.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, if other applications beside SIMstarter also find your P3Dv4 running, then SIMstarter is just one of many applications on your machine coming to the same conclusion.

You said, that you checked with the task manager. Have you displayed "More Details" to see not only running applications but also all running processes?

It is very well possible that "Prepar3d.exe" is running and shown among all running processes but not among running applications.

If the problem also occurs after a reboot there must be something in your autostart that starts the P3D executable.

Many thanks for your help, I finally found the Prepar3D process in the Details tab of the Task Manager, it was a suspended process. All attempts to kill this process failed (Access Denied even when executed as Admin), and it did seem that this suspended process even survived a cold boot. However, I tried a simple restart, and after I logged back in, the process had disappeared. So all is well now.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived