Nav Lights Brightness toned down

Hello,

I am enquiring if it is possible to tune down the NAV light brightness. At night, the green and red lights illuminate the whole sharklet/winglet. I attempted to tweak the X and Y scales of the light effects with no success. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Roger Repasky

41 minutes ago, dcflyer said:

Hello,

I am enquiring if it is possible to tune down the NAV light brightness. At night, the green and red lights illuminate the whole sharklet/winglet. I attempted to tweak the X and Y scales of the light effects with no success. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Roger Repasky

Hello Roger,

Are you using any third party shaders?  This has been the cause of that particular anomaly in the past.

39 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Roger,

Are you using any third party shaders?  This has been the cause of that particular anomaly in the past.

Hi Dave,

I use tomatoshade but am not entirely sure that it is the issue. I found that the nav lights have similar brightness levels/bloom with and w/o the shaders. I guess what I am after is an effect similar to the previous airbus x extended package fsx/p3d v3 where the nav light is barely visible but still casts light splashes similar to a real world nav light if you had a wing view. The QW 787 is a good representation of this feature. The nav lights stay the same level of brightness throughout the day and have no bloom at all. They still cast light during night on the ground. So I guess I am just trying to make the effect as a whole smaller. Thank you for your quick response Dave!

Roger Repasky

1 minute ago, dcflyer said:

Hi Dave,

I use tomatoshade but am not entirely sure that it is the issue. I found that the nav lights have similar brightness levels/bloom with and w/o the shaders. I guess what I am after is an effect similar to the previous airbus x extended package fsx/p3d v3 where the nav light is barely visible but still casts light splashes similar to a real world nav light if you had a wing view. The QW 787 is a good representation of this feature. The nav lights stay the same level of brightness throughout the day and have no bloom at all. They still cast light during night on the ground. So I guess I am just trying to make the effect as a whole smaller. Thank you for your quick response Dave!

Roger Repasky

You sre most welcome Roger. If you'll be good enough to provide a few screen shots, we can have the graphics artist take a look. He is presently finishing a different product so it may take a while for him to take a look at this, but he's the right guy to evaluate this.

Best wishes!

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You sre most welcome Roger. If you'll be good enough to provide a few screen shots, we can have the graphics artist take a look. He is presently finishing a different product so it may take a while for him to take a look at this, but he's the right guy to evaluate this.

Best wishes!

Thanks Dave! You are one of the main reasons why I love Aerosoft! Attached is a photo of what i'm inquiring about in my previous thread. Thank you again for your help! Maybe this is a p3d v4 issue, which is unsolvable.

Roger Repasky

Please login to display this image.

16 hours ago, dcflyer said:

Thanks Dave! You are one of the main reasons why I love Aerosoft! Attached is a photo of what i'm inquiring about in my previous thread. Thank you again for your help! Maybe this is a p3d v4 issue, which is unsolvable.

Roger Repasky

That is very kind of you to say Roger, and while I appreciate having someone acknowledge my work it is also true that many others are Aerosoft deserve praise ahead of me, particually our back end corporate staff and our Moderators who work each day to keep this terrific company running and supporting our customers.

Looking at your screen shot, I'm also certain this is either a shader issue or monitor calibration issue.  Right now I have some beta software installed on my computer which effects how Nav Lights are shown, but I'll remove it this weekend and will take a few screen shots of what the Airbus Nav Lights are supposed to look like on your system.  In the meantime my friend, I would ask you to double check the removal of shaders and to use a freeware program called Calibrize to check your graphics card calibration, but before you do that I would run your monitors calibration which should be available via push buttons on the monitor.

If we're still looking at issues after that, I'll happily have our graphics artist take a look.

Thank you again for the very kind words, and have a terrific weekend!

7 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That is very kind of you to say Roger, and while I appreciate having someone acknowledge my work it is also true that many others are Aerosoft deserve praise ahead of me, particually our back end corporate staff and our Moderators who work each day to keep this terrific company running and supporting our customers.

Looking at your screen shot, I'm also certain this is either a shader issue or monitor calibration issue.  Right now I have some beta software installed on my computer which effects how Nav Lights are shown, but I'll remove it this weekend and will take a few screen shots of what the Airbus Nav Lights are supposed to look like on your system.  In the meantime my friend, I would ask you to double check the removal of shaders and to use a freeware program called Calibrize to check your graphics card calibration, but before you do that I would run your monitors calibration which should be available via push buttons on the monitor.

If we're still looking at issues after that, I'll happily have our graphics artist take a look.

Thank you again for the very kind words, and have a terrific weekend!

Thanks for all the advice Dave! I will experiment this weekend! I didn’t even think about my monitor as a potential culprit. Have a great weekend and happy flights! 

Roger Repasky

Archived