Installing to a different Drive

bradley27

More recent Simwings Professional and v4 airports seem to be automatically setup to install into the D Drive ive noticed however Oslo, Berlin Tegal and Zurich for example will automatically want to install into the C Drive within P3Dv4. I wish to install these 3 above to the D Drive and upon redirecting the path to the D drive and confirm i then get stopped with a 'Cant find the Simulator' message and im not sure how i get around this...?

I am a newbie in this form of installing.

Help would be great, thanks

• Developer

The path/Drive the installer is per default using is only an offer (the only chance the installer have) and you can change this path where ever you want to have it.

The professional installer (maybe not Zuerich or Tegel, they are very old, definitiv all Sim-wings addons do that) will save the Path you select and will use und hat one for the next time you install the same or another product.

So sorry, with Zurich and Tegal Pro...are you saying i can install to the D Drive or i cant?

The issue was on changing the path from C to the D Drive it then stops me and says it cant find P3Dv4 so im unable to install it onto a drive that stores all my other material at the moment...

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, bradley27 said:

So sorry, with Zurich and Tegal Pro...are you saying i can install to the D Drive or i cant?

The issue was on changing the path from C to the D Drive it then stops me and says it cant find P3Dv4 so im unable to install it onto a drive that stores all my other material at the moment...

The older installers don’t support this new outside simroot folder install. As workaround you can place a copy of the the Prepar3D.exe in your new location.

• Developer

For Zurich and Tegel I can‘t say it at the moment, this are Padlabs (Aerosoft sister company) products and this Installers have never changed to the actual technique of the Installer used yet for actual Professional Products. They also not used the new add-on.xml System of P3D, still the old Scenery Library, so it is possible, that only the P3D\Ecosystem\Aerosoft Folder is possible. 

I must check this tomorrow.

• Developer
9 hours ago, masterhawk said:

The older installers don’t support this new outside simroot folder install. As workaround you can place a copy of the the Prepar3D.exe in your new location.

Sorry, but that is not correct, just checked the Installer of Tegel Professional (Zuerich will be the same), there you have the option to select the Destination of the Installpath after you have entered the eMail and Serial, see here the Button marked red:

Please login to display this image.

Per default the installer will use the P3D Main folder to add the Addon into Ecosystem\Aerosoft subfolder.

But, as the install still use the Scenery-Library Methode to register the Addon, some parts (Effects) will be copied into the P3D\Effects folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, OPabst said:

Sorry, but that is not correct, just checked the Installer of Tegel Professional (Zuerich will be the same), there you have the option to select the Destination of the Installpath after you have entered the eMail and Serial, see here the Button marked red:

Please login to display this image.

Per default the installer will use the P3D Main folder to add the Addon into Ecosystem\Aerosoft subfolder.

But, as the install still use the Scenery-Library Methode to register the Addon, some parts (Effects) will be copied into the P3D\Effects folder.

Of course you can change the folder, but the installer will not proceed, if there is no Prepar3D.exe

If you install outside sim root you need the exe as workaround and have to register all components manually. Something for experienced users.

• Developer
1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Of course you can change the folder, but the installer will not proceed, if there is no Prepar3D.exe

If you install outside sim root you need the exe as workaround and have to register all components manually. Something for experienced users.

Ok, don't test it :)

So, PADLabs has to update the product first.

Archived