Liveries issue

Robert LeBlanc

Hello 

Having issues with installing Air Canada liveries for the airbus 319 and 321.  I've followed the instructions and have gotten the airbus 320 to work, but the 319 and 321 liveries will not work. I do not know what you mean by "put the snippet after the last FLTSIM-object".   I have downloaded and installed three liveries, but only one works, but I installed all three the same. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

This is a fairly common procedure - which many of us old-timers do so automatically that we don't realise it could be a stumbling block to some.

In your aircraft.cfg, each livery will have an entry - starting with [fltsim.0]. These all need to be sequential, so the next block of values for the next aircraft should start with [fltsim.1] ... and so on. If you already have a fair few liveries added, then your new [fltsim.x] entry should be the last entry plus one. It sounds to me like you may have a mistake in the numbering <?>.

If there's a mistake, the sim processes all the entries up to the mistake - so you still get the original ones showing.

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam

Well, that did help.  I now get the planes in the select aircraft section, however, when they load up, the screen is black.  As you can see, the screen on the right is black.  This is in ther cockpit section.  Not sure of the reason.   Also attached are the two airplanes (aircraft.cfg) files in question.   The second picture shows the aircraft from the outside, it does have a dark tinge to it compared to other aircraft. 

Thanks for the help

Robert

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

aircraft.cfg aircraft.cfg

OK - I see your problem. Aerosoft changed the way the various models are called via the aircraft.cfg, so *older* liveries won't work without a little bit of work. You may need to check the the  forums here for more precise information. There are two things that need to be addressed:

1) From memory, I think the "model=" line needs to point to a specific model: just "model=[blank]" may not work. Either that, or the model entry is pointing to a model that's no longer there (in the new version).

2) More likely, the cause is this: Check the textures.cfg file (in each livery) is the same as any of the ones that do work. Your problematic liveries are probably not finding the common/default textures.

I do remember a few posts about exactly this in these forums (which I think Matthias himself answered), so do a search ;). I seem to remember his post explaining which models default to which.

Many of the livery authors have updated their archives to suit the newer version(s), but there'll be quite a few liveries out there that haven't been modified, I expect.

Adam.

Hi Adam

Nope, no go.  When I go to the "model=" when I leave it blank, the Plane will appear in the aircraft selection menu, but it has the problem with the cockpit textures.  As soon as I put DAIBA, the plane disappears completely off screen. 

Also, in the Texture.cfg file is the same as any of the ones that do work.

Robert

Archived