How to repair the pitot?

Richard Portier

Hi,

Like in the title, please, how to? There is no reference in the maintenance window concerning that.

This brings me to a question I've been asking myself since the first version of the AN2, does this type of failure and the conditions under which it occurs (*) exist in the real aircraft?

This is the first I've heard of it. I have searched on the web, but I have not found anything related to this type of failure.

(*)"Pitot Fail: If airplane has speed less than 60 km/h more than 10 minutes (failure will happen in 10-20 minutes range)"

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Pitots do in fact fail in real life and this is not limited to moisture and/or freezing.  Specifically on the AN-2 and AN-2V (and omitting things like insects and dirt) the faulty sealing of wiring, bending, break, clogging of wiring, obstruction, clogging or freezing of the receiver lead to distorted readings or can cause complete failure of the instrument.

Best wishes!

Archived