How to maintain speed

GaryMcCl

Hi,

Just to start off, I want to say that I never use the autopilot setting setting the speed, only the ALT and HD.. The problem I have with these airbuses is that many times for some reason the doesn't set it to what it should be,so just after takeoff, it can slow right down, and after a few moments it will speed right up and on both occasions it sets the alarm off (which makes sense if you look at the speed).  If I set the ALT off to be 15000, how can I do that, how can I set it off to simply get to that altitude?

I have put me 'going through hell' video on here.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Please login to view this video.

You have to push speed selector (left mouse click) to get managed speed, or pull (right mouse click) to set select speed.

Managed speed =flight computer control speed

Select speed =pilot control speed

In both cases the throttle lever should be an CL (CLB) detent, like into your video into first place (not TOGA)

TOGA =TAKEOFF/GO AROUND

Archived