Problems with the Just Flight DC-10 Collection!

Manfred1

Hello,

today I bought the Add-On I mentioned in the Title. So now, I have the following Problem: I installed the Add-On normally. (I selcected the File where I have stored my fsx for the installation. ) So then, as I started my game i wanted to take a look at the plane but I noticed, that there were huge parts of the texture missing. I tried several things to fix it but i couldnt find any solution. 

I would be glad if you could help me.

Regredably,

Manni

• Deputy Sheriffs

A few more bits of information will help us help you. What's the full path to your FSX installation? Did you disable your antivirus during installation? Did you install as Administrator? Is your FSX version Acceleration, Gold, SP2 or Steam edition Also, while this is unlikely since at least parts of the add-on were installed, review the following: If a product key was required for installation, did you copy and paste the key from the confirmation email you received or the download page in the shop? If so, were you careful to not include any spaces before or after the serial key?

Thank you for your answer!

I downloaded the file from the aerosoft shop, where I purchased it, than I unpacked the zip file and did the installation normally (I klicked on the installation file-not as an Administrator). Path: E:\fsx  I had no antivirus activated. I entered the product key and there were not rejected. The fsx version i am using is the "Professional Edition". The strange thing is that the aircraft is fully functional but exists only in parts of texture.

Greetings,

Manni

• Deputy Sheriffs

By your description, it does sound like a failed installation. You were correct of course to unpack the zip file and install from that. What did you use to unpack it? If you used the built-in Windows unzip app, it's best to use a more reliable one, as the built-in on has historically had issues. I recommend 7-zip, available here. It's ultra reliable, so don't let the free price put you off. I also recommend re-downloading the shop file, as sometimes things get corrupted. Then unpack using 7-zip and install as Administrator with your anti-virus off as last time.

Another troubleshooting step is where your FSX folder is. You didn't say, and if you accepted the default one, you'll constantly have issues with Windows User Account Control. A web search for "UAC" (no quotes) will explain why the default folder is a bad idea. If you installed into a dedicated FSX folder directly off the drive root, you're fine.

Still a little unclear on your FSX version, as "Professional" isn't one of the recognized titles. If you have Acceleration or the Steam addition, all service packs are included. For any other version, please reply with whether or not you have both Service Packs installed. You should be able to look in the Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features applet to see what version you have.

Thank you!

I tried everythin you mentioned, the only thing I couldn't find out is, if I am  using  the sp1 and the sp2. Where can I figure it out or where could I download them (Sp1- Sp2 is available at Microsoft). The version I am  using (professional edition) is according to my researches only available in Swizerland, Austria and Germany. Here is a link to the product:  https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flug-atc-simulatoren/189/flight-simulator-x-professional-edition?c=9

Greetings,

Manni

• Deputy Sheriffs

That explains why here in the US the "Professional" version is unknown. The fact that it's localized (meaning in a language other than English) might be part of the issue. Here are links to the two service packs, and before you install them, ensure you have a good backup of your FSX installation in case there's an issue with the service pack and your FSX version.

SP1: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1/650584be-b449-42b6-8bc6-0cf03e718438

SP2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986  From this site, you can select the SP associated with your FSX installation. I suggest trying this one first. If you already have SP1, the installer will proceed. If you don't, it will tell you that you need SP1 and that way you'll know you need it. Also, please read all the notes in the website the link takes you to, so you don't create any new issues.

As I've asked before, please reply with the full path to your FSX installation, so we can isolate any UAC issues.

Path: E:\fsx

I got 2 drives on my PC C and E. The one I selected for the fsx installation was E . Also I selcected a self created file for the installation. But to start the fsx I have to start it as an admin.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's always a good idea to start the sim (as well as install add-ons) as Administrator. It sounds from your last sentence that you're manually starting it that way. If so, you can have the executable always start with Administrator settings. Right click on your FSX.exe, then select "Properties", and then the Compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program as Administrator" box, then "Apply", "OK", and then close the dialog box.

Your FSX is in a correct folder, so the only other question I have is to know more about is "I selected a self created file for the installation." What's this self created file you noted?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I already solved the problem, I think the issues were the missing service packs.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for sharing what you did to resolve it. That helps the community.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived