Quo vadis NavdataPro Charts?

disco79stu

Dear Aerosoft-Team,

so unfortunately I "had to" switch to your competitor regarding charts, but not because I wanted to. I really LOVE the/your LIDO charts, I like them soooo much better than the Jeppesen ones and I feel kinda sad that I (personally) can't quite get use to the "apps" you currently provide. But I wonder and hopefully + respectfully ask: What are your future plans regarding the NavdataPro Charts? 

The outdated interface and visual quality aside, my biggest issues are the mediocre usability on android devices (the web-based system is just not working well regarding zoom etc.) and the strange account/login logic, where I a) can't set my own password but have to look up/ use the 40+(!) digit code every time I want to use the charts and b) that my favorites I set on one device while logged in into my account are not saved/shown on other devices where I log in. I don't get that, why can't I manage my NavdataPro Charts-account/profile (data, login-details, favorites etc.) like in every other user-account??? 

I even started saving the PNGs of the charts and set up my own "charts browser" (like others did as well) just to be able to get quick access and common zooming- and panning functions on my mobile devices, but I'm kinda tired of doing that every time I add an airport to my inventory. And also that's just not the purpose of subscribing to your service, and I'm sure it's not in your interest either.

Anyway, I know this has been discussed several times in the forum, and I always read that this topic/product has just not a very high priority at Aerosoft. And that's fine I guess, you guys have to manage your resources like any other company, but still, I'd really like to know if there is a future for NavdataPro Charts. Is it going to develop? Are you planning new apps, features like moving maps, plugins, improvements on the account side etc. or is it more like a "side project" that will never find any place in your development schedule? Sink or swim? 

Best Regards,

Stu

I downloaded yesterday I installed, once tested, convinced me, compared to NavDataPro, with the latter, the problems are when PRINTING the letter I will use.... Impossible to maintain A4 both Vertically and Horizontally in an EPSON XP-312 comes out all deformed or flattened......

• 2 weeks later...
Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are discussing how to proceed with this product, when we have solid plans we'll share them.

Understood. Thank you for the response Mathijs.

• 2 months later...

Almost three months later, with my subscription running out, I was wandering if there has been any discussions at AS on the future of this product yet, and if we can expect some (even small) improvements or updates on the issues reported by users, like the awkward login procedure or the missing gesture zoom on android devices...?

Thanks and regards,

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

A new version is being developed right now.

Oh yes !

I love the current application but, it's surely not mobile.

I watch this part of the forum about Charts regularly since years to check if no update was in the works. And... ...finally !

That and LGSA Chania preview, are the best news (in my view of course) since years on Aerosoft forums.

• 5 weeks later...

I was going to make a post regarding this but I see there is some discussion here already. 

Is there any plans for improvements to the NDP app? It's very clunky and unreliable. I would be more than happy to assist and offer my experience from my airline line ops POV. Do you plan a moving map for example? The lido/mpilot app for the ipad is excellent and I use it at work, I'd love to have something like that! 

• 1 month later...
vor 24 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

The geo reffed charts are first implemented in the CRJ professional and A330 professional before the stand alone version is updated.

Interesting. But will the charts be LIDO aswell? In the CRJ pro trailer for example I can only spot Jeppesen charts... 

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's because the video maker used his Navigraph suscription. But of course you can also use your NavDataPro charts in the CRJ, which are LIDO charts.

Hello. 

I guess it is a worked on product. However please be advised that you removed the original chart numbering during your apparently  new  procedure of chart editing which allows dark mode. Therefore the charts ordering is now illogical ! Because the ordering of the charts is alphabetical,  then we have a sort by procedure name which sometimes isn't ofthe best effect.

For instance the VAC chart of a procedure is now very far in the list from the relevant IAC plate.

When the lido number was written on the chart and used as metadata in the name field, the ordering was logical and as intended originally  by Lido.

You also removed one very important  note which is the chart date of publication. When studying chart, this now missing data is crucial.

Best regards.

Also, please note that the MSA circle is barely visible now. The letters for instance in the LGSA VOR Y 29 [7-30] the contrast of the red altitude mark 40 or 102 is now severely reduced in comparison with the result of your previous workflow.

Also the letters for country airport and airport name are not separated any more. For instance GREECECHANIAIOANNIS instead of GREECE CHANIA IOANNIS.

To sum up, with the evolution of your workflow :

• charts number disappeared on the plate
  • chart title metadata changed with bad effect on the chart order
  • the MSA are barely readable
  • the date of publication is removed
  • the name of the airport misses blank spaces.

Archived