Fly the Tiger F-5

Gregory Paul

• Deputy Sheriffs

Someone else will have to answer about the paint kit. I couldn't find mention of it anywhere. As for older paints, since the P3Dv4 version product page states, "The add-on includes a completely redesigned model for the P3D V4 as well as complex animations," older paints likely won't fit. 

Well for one I didn't believe the statement "The add-on includes a completely redesigned model for the P3D V4 as well as complex animations,". I think its the same old model with just the panel coding made  compatible with P3D V4. When you look at the textures in the folders they are 1024 x 1024 nothing new or fancy in my opinion. But at the same time I like the smaller texture sets as its easy on the FPS. The aircraft model may have been recompiled using the system but that's just a WAG on my part. So I guess no paint kit. :(  Maybe i'll make my own. 

Like any other P3Dv4 upgrade of Flylogic, the changes are minimal. I don‘t expect any change regards to the textures. None on the airport has. Except from bmp to dds. Even CHProf has still the same old textures from 2006. Figure that you still can see the screenshot of the 2d cockpit panel.

While all other addons you get an upgrade price. This one here does not seem to offer a upgrade discount at all.

Besides this, the F5 in DCS has much more immersion into the real F5 than this one here

• 2 weeks later...

I tested the Tiger in P3Dv4.4, and I believe it is just a minor upgrade of the FSX version.

I also find out that the OBS and course knobs are not working.You can not set heading and course.I think rather essential  item.

Anyone with the same problem?

if so please advise.

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/17/2019 at 1:08 AM, akanishta99 said:

Has anyone else noticed a hole in the VC on the left side where the instrument panel meets the fuselage? 

Given the age of this post, apparently not.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived