Aerosoft Airbus and Vpilot

bturtle

So, still a problem on the new update of the AS v1.2.4.0 about the freq not been able to set on Vpilot (Vatsim)? Still be work around is to put on Ready to Taxi and than Cold and Dark?

Sorry, but it is annoying that you have to do this everytime.

Please advise.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please give us a bit more information on what exactly is not working. The aircraft does not tune on the frequency at all? How are you loading the aircraft in the first place (for example, using the P3D menu to setup a flight or using some kind of saved default flight or state).

I haven't had any issues with the Airbus on VATSIM using vPilot over the past week doing multiple flights on the network starting from C&D or Turnaround panel state. So I am a little bit confused here what exactly is not working and why that would happen.

Look at the picture and you will see what happens when I want to send a text. Airbus Version is 1.2.4.0

Please login to display this image.

This behavior only takes place with the Airbus Prof, in my case A318/A319, and has existed since the release of the Airbus Prof.

Many People in the last 10 months has reported that issue but nothing happens till now.

I first start P3Dv4 with an original airplane in Cold and Dark status and then switch to the Airbus A319. 
If it is also in C & D, or at the gate, then sending text in vpilot doesn't work no matter on which frequency.

Only if I switch directly from take off mode to C & D, the transmission works. 
This is also the workaround recommended by Dave.

You can also work around the problem if you load another aircraft (e.g. the CRJ) first, switch on the avionics and then switch over to the Airbus.

• Deputy Sheriffs
34 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

I first start P3Dv4 with an original airplane in Cold and Dark status and then switch to the Airbus A319. 
If it is also in C & D, or at the gate, then sending text in vpilot doesn't work no matter on which frequency.

So if I understand correctly, you are not loading the P3D flight menu at all where you would select your airframe, airport, time, etc. but load the sim directly into the "original" airplane (I assume it's F-22 but correct me if I am wrong) with battery and engines off. After this has loaded you load the Airbus which has Default panel state C&D and the issue happens.

Can you confirm this is correct, or did I misunderstand something?

No I start P3D always in the Scenario Screen. 
My scenario is the Mooney (C & D) and EDDF, parking position V143. 
As you can see on the picture.

If I now want to go to another airport, I only change place and time and start P3D.

So the Mooney is always the default plane in C & D mode. Only then I load the Airbus, CRJ etc.

You have to select the PMDG directly in the Scenario screen, because they don't like the above procedure.

The CRJ, QW787, Majestic Q400 etc. have no problem with vPilot afterwards, but the Airbus A318/319 Prof does.
Only as a supplement it should be mentioned that the 32bit version of the Airbus can handle vPilot without any problems.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Doing a little bit of investigation, it seems to be connected to how vPilot controls their radio system from the position of the battery master switch inside simulator. So when you load the default aircraft in Cold and Dark mode, the battery master variable in simulator is turned off and vPilot radios are not working. Our Airbus does not manipulate this variable at all but uses its own functions for the electrical systems. Therefore even though you turn batteries/external power on in the Airbus, the P3D Battery master variable is still in the off position. This will have no effect in the Airbus itself, but it has described effect in vPilot.

I am curious, is there any particular reason why you load the default aircraft first in the Cold and Dark before loading any other add-on?

Anyways, the easy solution to this issue is to either load the Airbus directly on P3D scenario menu or assigning a keyboard/joystick command for the battery master inside P3D and pressing that while in the Airbus to get the radios working on vPilot.

2 hours ago, Secondator said:

Anyways, the easy solution to this issue is to either load the Airbus directly on P3D scenario menu or assigning a keyboard/joystick command for the battery master inside P3D and pressing that while in the Airbus to get the radios working on vPilot.

But it is not, because it's not working if your default flight is COLD&DARK. I always start my flights by selecting airbus (A319, 320 or 321) airport, stand, time etc. and press ok! NOT loading default flight at all. But if you default flight is saved COLD&DARK it's not working...

Like I describe before:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello MikaV,

Sorry, my bad. You are absolutely right. Did not realise that when you save the Cold & Dark panel state as your default flight, it will load your simulator still with the battery master variable being off.

So, the solution is to either save your default flight with battery master variable on instead of fully Cold & Dark, or as previously said, assign a keyboard/joystick control assignment for the battery master variable and using that to turn the battery master on in the background.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As this seems to be an important matter for many and to prevent future confusion I am happy to tell that we will make changes so that the battery master variable inside P3D will be switched on when turning batteries or external power on in the Airbus. It will be available on the next experimental update.

Thanks for the reports and feedback on this matter!

• 1 month later...

Hi,
I have saved some flights with the Aerosoft Airbus in Cold & Dark status. If I load this, Vpilot will not work. The problem with the battery switch.
On these flights, I set the entry "BatterySwitch" in the sector "Systems.0" to "True" and since then Vpilot has been working.
I think for now it is a very simple solution.

Thomas

I have the last update. But without knowing that this problem was fixed, I tried my first online fly attempts this week and had the problem described above with Vpilot. I could only help myself with editing the stored flights.

So I tried it again:

1st - Loading Standard Flight with Battery Off. Loading Airbus A320. After Connection with Vpilot no RX and TX and I could tune the Airbus radio. But there was no autotune on the Vpilot.

See picture P3D Vpilot 2019-06-25 120140

2nd - Loading a flight with Airbus and edited File "BatterySwitch" = "True" - Everything worked fine - see 2nd picture - and I could hear the ATC

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

My question is this, why until this last post, no one from AEROSOFT, has said nothing about the subject and possible solution?

??? 

I read 6 posts, the first one on the same day the topic was opened, the latest one just 3 hours ago.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Tomfal My apologies. I did not realise that it has been so long since the last experimental version which was actually released few days before this topic was opened. We are about to release 1.2.4.2 experimental build which is going through the final stages of testing currently. That should finally bring a fix to this issue. Sorry for the confusion once again.

I tested it with my saved Airbus flight - BatterySwitch=False - The connection to Vpilot works the way it should.
Thank you for the update!

Archived