Gabe777

Latest 4.5 Hotfix - is Simstarter Still OK ?

Just ensure that UIHardwareAcceleration=True gets added to your modified Prepar3d.cfg files under [USERINTERFACE]. I suspect an update to SimStarter will be required to account for the new variable.

Randy

I usually delete the prepar3d.cfg when a new point version appears. Next. I start the updated sim without SimStarter once and let it create a new prepar3d.cfg (of course not without saving the old one, but SimStarter backs it up anyway). Now I open SimStarter, read in the new prepar3d.cfg and adapt it to my former settings. In case of doubt I cross-check with the previous version.

This may sound a bit tedious, but has two advantages. (i) I don't overlook any new (or modified default) variables in prepar3d.cfg. Who knows if there aren't more new entries besides UIHardwareAcceleration? (ii) I get rid of leftover entries I tried ages ago and forgot to remove.

Just a suggestion.

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I usually delete the prepar3d.cfg when a new point version appears. Next. I start the updated sim without SimStarter once and let it create a new prepar3d.cfg (of course not without saving the old one, but SimStarter backs it up anyway). Now I open SimStarter, read in the new prepar3d.cfg and adapt it to my former settings. In case of doubt I cross-check with the previous version.

This may sound a bit tedious, but has two advantages. (i) I don't overlook any new (or modified default) variables in prepar3d.cfg. Who knows if there aren't more new entries besides UIHardwareAcceleration? (ii) I get rid of leftover entries I tried ages ago and forgot to remove.

Just a suggestion.

Kind regards, Michael

When i first installed the Hot Fix i was a little bit disappointed as my FPS drop was still the same , then i tried again but i deleted the P3D.cfg as well and this time it worked so looks like you need to delete it like Michael said to get the UIHardwareAcceleration entry to enable , my FPS is now back up to nearly 4.4 levels (maybe 2-4 fps in it now) and im fine with that .

Rich