Still an auto-rudder issue

Hello!

I know this topic has already been discussed a lot and I have been looking for an answer for several weeks now but I haven't been able to find anything helpful so far.

I don't have any rudder pedals so I am using the P3D (V3) auto-rudder function and it works great for every aircrafts I fly except the Airbus A319/318 (1.31 and same with the A320/321 1.16).

I have of course enabled the auto-rudder function in the MCDU as well as in my P3D Realism settings.

When taxiing, there is no problem but once the speed gets more than roughly 60, the steering doesn't work anymore. And if I lean my joystick to one side, the plane starts to bend a lot instead of turning.

After the take-off, I get a message saying : "Taxiing and flying this aircraft without rudder control may be difficult. To complete this action, press: CTRL + X."

And if I open the P3D settings panel, the auto-rudder function unticked itself.

I really don't understand how come the auto-rudder box unticked itself during the take-off...

Am I missing something?

I would be very glad if some-one could help me!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ugom13 said:

Hello!

I know this topic has already been discussed a lot and I have been looking for an answer for several weeks now but I haven't been able to find anything helpful so far.

I don't have any rudder pedals so I am using the P3D (V3) auto-rudder function and it works great for every aircrafts I fly except the Airbus A319/318 (1.31 and same with the A320/321 1.16).

I have of course enabled the auto-rudder function in the MCDU as well as in my P3D Realism settings.

When taxiing, there is no problem but once the speed gets more than roughly 60, the steering doesn't work anymore. And if I lean my joystick to one side, the plane starts to bend a lot instead of turning.

After the take-off, I get a message saying : "Taxiing and flying this aircraft without rudder control may be difficult. To complete this action, press: CTRL + X."

And if I open the P3D settings panel, the auto-rudder function unticked itself.

I really don't understand how come the auto-rudder box unticked itself during the take-off...

Am I missing something?

I would be very glad if some-one could help me!

Thanks!

Forgive me, but I'm not familiar with past discussions regarding this.

As you probably know, our product sales page makes it clear that a joystick with rudder control is required for this product.

Please login to display this image.

In addition to posting here, you also may want to ask Lockheed Martin about this, since it's a P3Dv3 setting.  One thing that I can think of is if you're not running P3Dv3 as Administrator, which would result in dynamic (changing) settings rather than static (unchanging) settings.

That's all I can think of, except that there are numerous inexpensive joysticks (under $25 USD) that have a twist rudder function and it works great with FSX/P3D.

Best wishes!

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Forgive me, but I'm not familiar with past discussions regarding this.

In addition to posting here, you also may want to ask Lockheed Martin about this, since it's a P3Dv3 setting.  One thing that I can think of is if you're not running P3Dv3 as Administrator, which would result in dynamic (changing) settings rather than static (unchanging) settings.

That's all I can think of, except that there are numerous inexpensive joysticks (under $25 USD) that have a twist rudder function and it works great with FSX/P3D.

Best wishes!

Thank you for your very fast answer, I am going to try this asap!

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Please note that I added additional information to my original reply.

Best wishes!

Thank you ! But what is the purpose of the auto-rudder in MCDU then ?

7 hours ago, ugom13 said:

Thank you ! But what is the purpose of the auto-rudder in MCDU then ?

I'm really not sure, but we've already asked the devs and waiting for an answer.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm really not sure, but we've already asked the devs and waiting for an answer.

Ahah okay !

so I tried running P3D as an administrator but unfortunatly it didn’t change anything 😕 but you’re probably in the way that a joystick that tilts is needed. It’s just sad that it’s not the case for the other aircrafts I have...

Archived