A320 Pro P3D 4.4 Install Error - Transfer Error

Hi all, just bought Airbus A320/A321 Pro for P3D V4, I can't install it, it gets near to the end then stops with the following error and I can't find anything in Google about it:

Feature Transfer error

Feature: P3DV4

Component: Updater

File: <USER FLIGHTAS>

Error: The filename, directory name, or volume syntax is incorrect.

Aerosoft is trying to install to C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft folder by default, is this correct?

I've run the installer as Admin and I have removed Antivirus Completely as a test neither has worked.

Would really appreciate some help as my son is gutted and has been waiting for ages for his Dad to buy it for him! 

Thanks

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam Lydiate said:

Error: The filename, directory name, or volume syntax is incorrect.

Not sure why this is occurring. Are you sure you're installing for Prepar3d v4?  If so, then the best thing would be to put in a Support Ticket and have one of our techs take a look at your system.

1 hour ago, Adam Lydiate said:

Aerosoft is trying to install to C:\Users\User\Documents\Aerosoft folder by default, is this correct?

Absolutely. This is the folder where many Prepar3d V4 addons go.

• Deputy Sheriffs

2 add questions:

- is your documents folder somehow connected to MS OneDrive?

- did you install with administrative rights?

And a suggestion to solve the problem:

create a folder anywhere ob your PC (outside the documents folder) and name it e.g. ...P3D Addons... and point the installer to this folder

• Aerosoft

The Feature Transfer error is one of the worst  I am sorry to say. It indicates some part of the OS is not able to handle a call an application makes. The problem is that it is a non-descriptive error and there is no specific file that can be 'fixed''. There are thousands of webpages with advice, some okay. most pretty useless.  It is almost always caused by an installer for an app that installed incorrect versions of files (32 bit on a 64 bit OS etc). Unfortunately, with so many hobby devs it is rather common with simmers. 

Should you have been considering a refreshing of your system, this might be a perfect time. I know I got a laptop here with that error that I will need to reformat to get rid of that error. Wasted a full day on it already.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the Airbus Professional bundle and I have exactly the same error with the same parameters. Everything is the same. My Windows system is absolutely healthy, everything else works flawlessly. The problem is only with this product. (Two products, actually, but their installers are probably the same.)

I was able to install it as normal user (without Administrator rights). When I tried to install it using "Run as Administrator" no default folder was offered and I got the error on the top.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this.  I have done all of the things to try and fix this.  It's pretty frustrating when you pay $80 and it will not install correctly.  This is the only application that this has ever happen to. 

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Do check Google on that error. if it is not Onedrive it is a misconfiguration of windows files and extremely hard to fix. You might call Microsoft because I recently heard of one user who was correctly helped with that and it was sorted out.

• 3 months later...

Archived