Heathrow Ground Texture Problem

sv1511

Hi guys,

I have just purchased and installed Aerosoft Heathrow, but I am getting very strange ground textures at night (see attached screenshots).

At daytime, there are no problems whatsoever, this only happens at night.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be and how to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Sven

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Sorry, but are you able to tell use, which Simulator/Version of the Addon you use?

Mircosoft FSX, Dovetail FSX:SE, P3D V1-3 or P3D4.x?

• Developer

Ok, so we talk about Sim-wings London-Heathrow Professional in P3D V4.4, or did you have the London Heathrow Xtended Version installed?

When you mean the colors of the Apron-/Taxiwayground, I could not reproduce this with the Professional version here:

I have the Professional version installed and I do indeed mean the colors of the apron and the grass.

Keep in mind though that everything looks perfectly fine at daytime.

I also use FTX England (I do have the EGLL-flies disabled in my ORBX folder).

And I'm not sure if it's significant, but I also use ENVTEX, REX Environment Force and PTA.

I have also been running tests at other add-on airports, but this problem only occurs at Heathrow.

• Developer

But you have the Version 1.10 of London Hearthrow Pro installed?

Normally I only see such color issues, when the DXT Nighttexture use a wrong compression or format. But in case of Heathrow Pro, there are no Nighttextures used for the Apron/Taxiway and Grass areas.

But with shader manipulation tools (like PTA) we see many issues, so maybe this is the source of the issue here. Maybe you can try it by disable this tool.

Thanks, I restored the original shaders and disabled PTA, which completely fixed the issue.

After that, I just let Environment do it's magic with the shaders, and I must say that the airport now looks stunning and works completely as expected!

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the performance, which is actually quite good (quite an achievement at EGLL).

Thanks for the fast and effective support!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived