Bug entering a direct in 1.2.4.0

Hello,

entering a direct works, but when you go to a waypoint and enter a direct from this point, the waypoint disappears, the Navigation display shows a weird line and the Bus starts turning to either side for no reason, see screenshot below. I entered direct DLE from an upcoming different waypoint (one I didn't reached yet), then DLE dissappeared and the Bus began turning left and could only be stopped by selecting a heading. After entering DLE again, it rebuild the flight path.

Please let me know, if you need further information. I happens only in 1.2.4.0. I was always entering directs this way, and it always worked perfectly before updating to 1.2.4.0.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Meyerflyer,

Could you please give me the routing that you were flying and when did you try to do the direct? Also, does it happen more broadly on different routes or only on this one?

Hello Secondator,

it has been no single issue, I had it 2-3 times and basically every time I entered the direct this way. I had no issue before updating to 1.2.4.0.

Routing on the shown flight in the screenshot should have been thos one from EDDH to EDDF:

MARUN Y150 TOLGI Z90 DLE UP605 NOLGO

I can't say from which waypoint I inserted the direct anymore. But you should be able to reproduce it, as I had this issue any time I inserted the direct from an upcoming waypoint. If you need further information please let me know. :)

To be clear how I do it. I click on a waypoint in the FMGC. Let's say I take off in EDDF. After departure I select the flight plan menu in the FMGC and click onto MARUN. I then enter DLE in the direct field and confirm the direct. The issue then happens.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, Meyerflyer said:

To be clear how I do it. I click on a waypoint in the FMGC. Let's say I take off in EDDF. After departure I select the flight plan menu in the FMGC and click onto MARUN. I then enter DLE in the direct field and confirm the direct. The issue then happens.

So just to confirm, you entered the direct by selecting a waypoint from your F-PLN page. This opens the waypoitn page which has Next waypoint option on the right. You inserted the new waypoint there, and hit INSERT?

Did you try direct via the DIR page on the FMGC.

vor 3 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

So just to confirm, you entered the direct by selecting a waypoint from your F-PLN page. This opens the waypoitn page which has Next waypoint option on the right. You inserted the new waypoint there, and hit INSERT?

Did you try direct via the DIR page on the FMGC.

Confirmed. That's completely correct.

Entering a direct via DIR page works fine, only the direct function via F-PLN page got buggy. Via DIR is no option in some cases, for example when flying online and ATC tells you to "After MARUN direct NOLGO.". I always entered the direct via F-PLN menu in this case to avoid forgetting it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Confirmed. That's completely correct.

Entering a direct via DIR page works fine, only the direct function via F-PLN page got buggy. Via DIR is no option in some cases, for example when flying online and ATC tells you to "After MARUN direct NOLGO.". I always entered the direct via F-PLN menu in this case to avoid forgetting it.

Thanks for clarification.

We are planning to release an experimental update tomorrow that might solve this issue. I have seen it once or twice, but during my testing with the latest version I was unable to reproduce it. So please let me know how it's going after the update.

Perfect. Thanks for your effort. I will check it in the next update and let you know if it helps.

Will the next experimental update contain some CFD fixes?

• 2 weeks later...

@mopperle No, just searched for updates yesterday evening and no experimental updates showed up even though I have them enabled. Is there something I've overseen or do I have to do something different to get 1.2.4.1? I'm still running 1.2.4.0 atm.

" No, just searched for updates yesterday evening and no experimental updates showed up even though I have them enabled. "

Will check this evening if I was maybe only retarded. I was pretty sure I have experimental updates enabled.

Okay I'm sorry. I obviously made the update to 1.2.4.1 but didn't remember. Will test this particular behaviour on my next flight (which is going to be prepared right now :D).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad it’s working. :)

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived