CTD when turning on Anti-Ice

Romano Lara

I encountered 2 consecutive CTD with ucrtbase.dll as the faulting module. I'm flying the A321. RPLL-VHHH.

The first CTD crashed right after I turned on WING and ENG anti-ice.

The second attempt, I tried to turn both again a few minutes after departure. Got the exact same CTD and exact faulting module.

Tried again for the 3rd time. Same errors.

Same results. I will try to recreate for the 4th time.

I will try this time without any FP. Just RPLL/RPLL, INIT-B filled up, and PERF filled up with takeoff speeds. 

Test # 4

Loaded the Aer Lingus A320. ASP4 weather. No loaded FP. Just RPLL/RPLL, auto-filled INIT-B, PERF pages completed.

After takeoff, turned on AP, then turned on WING and ENG ANTI ICE in that order...

No CTD.

Test # 5

Loaded the Airbus livery A321. ASP4 weather. Loaded FP RPLL/VHHH. 

After takeoff, turned on AP, then turned on WING and ENG ANTI ICE in that order.

No CTD.

Test # 6

Loaded my 3rd party Philippine Airlines repaint for A321 (originally for AXE by Holgi). ASP4 weather. Loaded FP RPLL/VHHH. 

After takeoff, turned on AP, then turned on WING (wait after 5 seconds) and ENG ANTI ICE in that order.

CTD. Same faulting module. ucrtbase.dll.

Test # 7

Loaded the Air Berlin A321. ASP4 weather. Loaded FP RPLL/VHHH. 

After takeoff, turned on AP, then turned on WING and ENG ANTI ICE in that order.

No CTD.

• Aerosoft

Then I would start by installing a new version of ucrtbase and checking the validity of all runtime files.

The error you see has not been reported by any other user so it really should be something very specific on your system.  Unfortunately, that always makes it hard to debug from our side. 

I got a D3D (I forgot the exact code) error halfway thru the flight. Shut down. And tried again few hours later the exact same flight. I was able to finish it, no issues. Sigh...it's like Windows and P3D sometimes throw tantrums and you just have to roll with it. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this happened to me on my current flight. RPLL-RPVP.

I was at FL210, then turned on ENG ANTI-ICE L/R, then followed by WING ANTI-ICE. After that, CTD.

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon all,

I know this is a very old thread, but since I don't see a specific resolution to it I thought it might be appropriate to revive it as I may have more information on this specifically. I experience *exactly* the same issue as Romano with the CTD when turning on the anti ice. I did several tests, in my case it always crashes when turning on wing and engine anti ice (even with delays).

I'd be happy to provide further info if you have something specific you need me to look into, but so far the symptoms and errors match those of Romano.

NOTE: Also with the A321 IAE.

-Rean Opperman

• 6 months later...

Hello guys,

I know this is a quite old topic but I'm getting exactly what you've got: CTD when turn on the eng or wing anti-ice, with the ucrtbase.dll. I've did several tests and this ocurs just with IAE Sharklets engine options, no matter which livery I'm using. I really tried to do several things that i've read in this forum, the last one was to re-install my w10 and the problem persists. ANy progress with your problem? I've opened a topic (below). Thanks in advance.

Archived