A320 Pro Crashes minutes after loading in P3dv4

1 hour ago, JetJockey said:

As a point of clarification, in the Documents folder I have an Aerosoft folder.  In that Aerosoft folder there are two folders, the A320 Pro...(P3D) and the AirbusExtended (FSX) (see image below).  The Aerosoft a/c are not installed in the "My Programs Files (x86)" folder.  Only P3Dv4 is installed in the "My Programs Files (x86)" folder (along with other applications).  Since I created the My Programs Files (x86) folder the same way I would create any other folder in my 64-bit system, why do you say it is a 32-bit folder?  It is separate from the standard "Program Files (x86)" created by the operating system. Did adding "...(x86)" to the name cause the OS to make it 32-bit?

I looked at the .NET links you provided but the Repair Tool states it's for .NET 4.6.1 and prior versions. I am currently running .NET ver. 4.7.2 so I can't use the repair tool.  The only thing I can do is upgrade to .NET 4.8 which I don't think will resolve my issue.

By the way, I never ran the "Delete Generated Files" program you previously suggested.  Since I didn't find the folder you wanted me to backup I didn't want to delete anything if I couldn't recover or restore in case it created other problems. If the "Addons" folder you referenced was actually either the "Addon Scenery" folder or the "Addon Manager" folder then I can backup those and try running the Delete program.  Let me know what you think.

If there are no other suggestions I guess opening a ticket is the next step.  I don't know what opening a ticket entails but I'm willing to try it.

To be honest my friend, I think it would be best to perform a new install of P3Dv4 and the Airbus.  You can install to any location other than the Program Files X86 folder.  This will give you a known good starting point from which to move forward, and I think that's exactly what our techs would recommend so doing it now may well solve all your issues, but if not it will speed things up for you.  It's great that we can now remove each component of P3D and reinstall them very quickly and any addons that were added via the XML method (that's most all addons that are P3Dv4 compatible) will be automatically added back for you. 

Regarding the DOT Net, I believe the issue will be resolved by installing P3D and the Airbus to another location other than Program Files X86 folder, but we'll see!

Here are the steps:

1. Uninstall the Airbus Professional (because that's what you're having problems with).  Then go to the location where you had the Airbus Professional Installed and ensure there are no remaining Airbus files/folders present... if there are any remaining Airbus Professional folders/files please delete them.

2. Instead of uninstalling each of the three P3D components (Client, Scenery, Content) I recommend you instead uninstall P3D itself. 

Please login to display this image.

Note: For a Clean Uninstall you need to Locate and Delete the 6 Blue folders (shown below) from your Computer (Important) 

Local Disk (C:) ► Program Files (or where ever you installed P3Dv4 to) ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 (or the modified install location)

Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4

3. Reboot.

4. Download and reinstall the latest version of P3Dv4.5 (which will contain an important Hot Fix).

5. Start P3D, launch into an airport in a default aircraft, then close P3D.  Doing this builds some important files.

6. Reboot.

7. Reinstall the Aerosoft Airbus Professional to any location you wish, so long as it's not the Program Files X86 folder OR the Main P3D folder.  Installing the Airbus to either location will create unsolvable problems.

Let me know how you make out!

10 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

To be honest my friend, I think it would be best to perform a new install of P3Dv4 and the Airbus.  You can install to any location other than the Program Files X86 folder.  This will give you a known good starting point from which to move forward.....

Let me know how you make out!

Well, this will be a long process.  I have about 13 Carenado payware a/c that will have to be installed individually since they are all installed in the P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes folder which will be deleted during uninstall. I also have 5 other payware a/c plus additional liveries that will require individual installation, plus 10 major Orbx scenery regions and 20 airports that will have to be reinstalled (Orbx uses their own FTX Central installer so don't think they use the XML method).  I have 8 FSDreamTeam airports to install as well but I think FSDT uses the XML method so I may not have to reinstall those. So you probably wouldn't get a reply back from me for a long period of time.

I hope I made it clear and you understood that my P3Dv4 is not installed in the standard Program Files X86 folder that is created by the OS.  It is installed in a folder I created on the D drive that I happened to name My Program Files (x86). So when I reinstall it will go into another folder I create but will be named differently.  I'm not totally sure how that will be different, but again I'm no expert.

12 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Well, this will be a long process.  I have about 13 Carenado payware a/c that will have to be installed individually since they are all installed in the P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes folder which will be deleted during uninstall. I also have 5 other payware a/c plus additional liveries that will require individual installation, plus 10 major Orbx scenery regions and 20 airports that will have to be reinstalled (Orbx uses their own FTX Central installer so don't think they use the XML method).  I have 8 FSDreamTeam airports to install as well but I think FSDT uses the XML method so I may not have to reinstall those. So you probably wouldn't get a reply back from me for a long period of time.

I hope I made it clear and you understood that my P3Dv4 is not installed in the standard Program Files X86 folder that is created by the OS.  It is installed in a folder I created on the D drive that I happened to name My Program Files (x86). So when I reinstall it will go into another folder I create but will be named differently.  I'm not totally sure how that will be different, but again I'm no expert.

Yes sir, you did and I understand.

I just did this very procedure, and while I don't use Carenado products, I was done in about an hour.

The time spent doing this would other wise be spent troubleshooting windows, P3D, and other issues and that would certainly take a day at least.  I think this is not only your best option, but the less time consuming one.

• 8 months later...

Please login to display this image.

I mean ... this thing didn't exist in previews version on the airbus before ..... right ?
is this supose to be a monitor or is it a pad, where you can place your flight plans/charts maybe ?... i don't know, i 'm just asking.
Probably in the next udates ?
Although we all already know, that this exists in the beautiful A330 from aerosoft as a, monitor screen, right ?
I am posting this because my p3d4 is crashing as well .... and i believe that there are surely MORE people who have this problem.
... but they didn't post it yet.
My windows 10 is fully updated so, i am preaty sure there's no problem from there. ( i checked it very carefuly)
Maybe the problem comes from aerosoft's code itself. Now, i noticed that you are using "java" code in your files ?...am i correct ?

Could it be that something is wrong in that code ?
You know ? it happens sometimes and that's ok, there's a LOT of code running there we all understand that of course.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) introduced with the recent A31x/A32x Pro series. So it seems that you are not up to date. Simply read the announcements here in the forum , update your PC, Update your Sim and update your products.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived