A320 Pro Crashes minutes after loading in P3dv4

A320 Pro Crashes minutes after loading in P3dv4. 

I have had to rebuild my whole win 10 system, so have a new up to date install of P3dv4 and win 10.

I installed updated copies of the Airbus Pro Bundle (downloaded from the website). Every time I load the A320 ( or others from the series) the plane loads - with a backwards view of the cabin- and then about 30-60 seconds later the sound stutters and P3dV4 crashes completely and very quickly.

I have tried numerous combinations of liveries and models, airports and runways, but always the same. If I DO NOT TOUCH the sim once the plane is loaded it still crashes!

I also have PMDG 737 loaded which works perfectly.

In addition I run SpadNext for Saitek gear, Chaseplane, and AS for P3dv4 and Fs2Crew.

I have tried uninstalling FS2Crew to no avail. Again all this setup works for the PMDG planes.

My computer is intel i7 with Geforce 1080Ti graphics and 3 monitors.

I have included below copies of 3 event log files which were generated by the last crash. The first one is an information log, the second two are !ERROR logs

Please login to display this image.

I hope someone can help please???

Jeff

Fault bucket 1972323032558063531, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 4.5.11.29713
P3: 5ca56c53
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.17763.475
P6: 69a188f0
P7: c06d007e
P8: 0000000000039129
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA679.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA86E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA87F.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA87D.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA89D.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_68255010aa60187575d33375af509a482550df_0255e330_1b56ab4c

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 003e7093-77ca-4261-bfbc-dbd01bd6a25a
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 697befaca5820afb7b5f195929f1cfab
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.11.29713, time stamp: 0x5ca56c53
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.475, time stamp: 0x69a188f0
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039129
Faulting process id: 0x25a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d503463c91421c
Faulting application path: D:\P3dV4.5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 003e7093-77ca-4261-bfbc-dbd01bd6a25a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c06d007e, exception address 00007FF88BCD9129
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Deputy Sheriffs

Errors related to the kernelbase.dll means that something is wrong with your Windows Installation like broken and/or outdated system files and/or hardware drivers.

The fact that the error occurs when you load the Airbus only means that the Airbus calls a basic function/routine (which is e.g. not called by PMDG) on your System which can not properly executed by the operating system and/or its components.

Unfortunately finding the root cause isnt that easy. I'ld suggest to do the following:

- make sure your software (Windows, P3D, all addons, drivers, .NET, Visual C++, DirectX etc) are up to date

- do not use beta software (like for AS)

- turn off addons like SpadNext, Chaseplane, FS2Crew (start with this) and test without those, if it works, turn them back on one by one

Many other hints can be found when you google for "P3D kernelbase.dll crash"

Thanks for that mopperle. I have updated the .Net files but to no avail. Interesting that no other aircraft I fly crashes like this !

JEff

Please try backing up and then deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file and see if that resolves things for you.  If it does resolve things, then you simply had your settings far too high.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same or similar problem.  Purchased and downloaded A320/321 Pro (v1.2.5) on Aug. 8th, installed using A320 installer running "As Administrator" and with my virus protection turned off.  It installed with no issues and I did a quick test flight (loaded A320 on runway at P3Dv4 default/startup airport).  Took off, climbed to 5,000 and did 1 or 2 turns then exited P3D.  One thing I did not do on the first install is run the FS2Crew "Make-Runway" app.

A day later I installed an American Airline livery from AVSim using the AeroSoft Livery Manager and when the A320 was selected P3Dv4 would CTD after about 30-60sec. I uninstalled the AA livery and still get the CTD.  I now completely uninstalled A320/321 Pro and reinstalled it (again with virus protection disabled).  This time I also ran the FS2Crew Make-Runway app.  Again after selecting the A320 and not doing any thing else, P3D CTD in about 30sec.  I can load any of my other payware a/c (i.e. iFly 737, FeelThere EJ140/145, numerous Carenado a/c, and others) with no issues.

I'm running P3Dv4.5 in Windows 7 (64-bit) with an i7, 8G Ram, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6G of memory. There is one issue that I don't think has any bearing here but I will mention it anyway.  I've used Microsoft Office 2010 for years and suddenly in the last month when I launch Microsoft Office I get a "Configuration" splash screen.  It has a progress bar and goes thru some process before it launches the Office product I started. Just thought I would mention it in case it provides some clues.

On 5/5/2019 at 6:56 PM, jcalvert said:

Every time I load the A320 ( or others from the series) the plane loads - with a backwards view of the cabin

It's the ChasePlane. You need to disable the 3 MCDU View System, then the normal view will load

2 minutes ago, dron960 said:

It's the ChasePlane. You need to disable the 3 MCDU System Views, then the normal view will load

Same issue here, please tell me specifically which views to disable?  Thanks.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, JetJockey said:

I am having the same or similar problem.  Purchased and downloaded A320/321 Pro (v1.2.5) on Aug. 8th, installed using A320 installer running "As Administrator" and with my virus protection turned off.  It installed with no issues and I did a quick test flight (loaded A320 on runway at P3Dv4 default/startup airport).  Took off, climbed to 5,000 and did 1 or 2 turns then exited P3D.  One thing I did not do on the first install is run the FS2Crew "Make-Runway" app.

A day later I installed an American Airline livery from AVSim using the AeroSoft Livery Manager and when the A320 was selected P3Dv4 would CTD after about 30-60sec. I uninstalled the AA livery and still get the CTD.  I now completely uninstalled A320/321 Pro and reinstalled it (again with virus protection disabled).  This time I also ran the FS2Crew Make-Runway app.  Again after selecting the A320 and not doing any thing else, P3D CTD in about 30sec.  I can load any of my other payware a/c (i.e. iFly 737, FeelThere EJ140/145, numerous Carenado a/c, and others) with no issues.

I'm running P3Dv4.5 in Windows 7 (64-bit) with an i7, 8G Ram, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6G of memory. There is one issue that I don't think has any bearing here but I will mention it anyway.  I've used Microsoft Office 2010 for years and suddenly in the last month when I launch Microsoft Office I get a "Configuration" splash screen.  It has a progress bar and goes thru some process before it launches the Office product I started. Just thought I would mention it in case it provides some clues.

I now have some additional information on the CTD's.  I've looked at the Windows error log and notice that a .NET error occurs just before the P3D error occurs.  I've inserted below the text from the two errors and the Windows Information Error Report.  I hope this is helpful and we can resolve this problem because as it stands now I've spent $50 (US) to repurchase a product (already had it for FSX) that I can't us now.

WINDOWS ERROR REPORT

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Prepar3D.exe

P2: 4.5.12.30293

P3: 5cd47aad

P4: KERNELBASE.dll

P5: 6.1.7601.24499

P6: 5d0115f1

P7: c06d007e

P8: 000000000000b87d

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

D:\WinTemp\WERC623.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Ted\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_3aff9b3563701fb8a643e2a8b74cd7b6d25ad5b_1673d291

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 473d40dc-ba45-11e9-a5ca-74d02b7fb09d

Report Status: 1

APPLICATION ERROR

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.12.30293, time stamp: 0x5cd47aad

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24499, time stamp: 0x5d0115f1

Exception code: 0xc06d007e

Fault offset: 0x000000000000b87d

Faulting process id: 0x578

Faulting application start time: 0x01d54e51caaa8f0a

Faulting application path: D:\My Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 473d40dc-ba45-11e9-a5ca-74d02b7fb09d

.NET ERROR

Application: Prepar3D.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c06d007e, exception address 000007FEFC86B87D

On 8/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, dron960 said:

Need to disable in 3 MCDU View System

I get that OPTIONS SCREEN in my FSX version of the A320 but in the 1.2.5 P3D version of the a/c I'm getting the MCDU screen below.  How do I get to the OPTIONS screen to turn off the VIEW SYSTEM?  Clicking on the AIDS or CFDS  buttons does not do anything, and the ATSU button brings up a screen for selecting ATC.  And also remember I only have about 30sec - 60sec to do anything before P3D crashes.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Please try backing up and then deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file and see if that resolves things for you.  If it does resolve things, then you simply had your settings far too high.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I also tried deleting the cfg file and it did not resolve the problem...

Okay, try this:

1. Start P3D, load into any airport in one of the default aircraft EXCEPT the F-22, and then change to the Airbus.  Let me know if that works or not.

2. If Step 1 doesn't work, please back up your Addons folder located in the ProgramData folder, then open your Main P3D folder and scroll down to the Delete Generated Files and run that "As Admin".  Then reboot your computer, and try launching into the Airbus.

50 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, try this:

1. Start P3D, load into any airport in one of the default aircraft EXCEPT the F-22, and then change to the Airbus.  Let me know if that works or not.

2. If Step 1 doesn't work, please back up your Addons folder located in the ProgramData folder, then open your Main P3D folder and scroll down to the Delete Generated Files and run that "As Admin".  Then reboot your computer, and try launching into the Airbus.

Ok, I already tried your #1 suggestion above several days ago and it did not work.

For your #2 suggestion, I don't have an Addons folder in my ProgramData folder.  To give you some info on my setup, I have P3D loaded on my D: drive in a "My Programs Files (86)" folder and under the Lockheed Martin/P3dv4 folder there is an Addon Scenery folder. The D: drive does not have a ProgramData folder.  My C drive does have the ProgramData folder but there isn't an Addons folder within it (see screen shots of my directory below).  Notice that my C drive only has 1G of free space. Could that be an issue that the Addons folder is larger than 1G and can't be created?

1 hour ago, JetJockey said:

I get that OPTIONS SCREEN in my FSX version of the A320 but in the 1.2.5 P3D version of the a/c I'm getting the MCDU screen below.  How do I get to the OPTIONS screen to turn off the VIEW SYSTEM?  Clicking on the AIDS or CFDS  buttons does not do anything, and the ATSU button brings up a screen for selecting ATC.  And also remember I only have about 30sec - 60sec to do anything before P3D crashes.

I did find the OPTIONS screen (helps if you read the documentation and not assume it is the same as in the FSX version). Turned off the View System option but it did not help.

6 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I did find the OPTIONS screen (helps if you read the documentation and not assume it is the same as in the FSX version). Turned off the View System option but it did not help.

Helped with what? Disabling the viewing system helps to install chase plane plane loaded with a normal view of the cabin, from the rest of your problems it does not save. You have a lot of problems with the operating system, it can be seen.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm pretty sure that add-ons should not be placed in the Program Files x86 folder.  Try moving them please.

I'm not sure how you determined there is an Addon folder in my "Program Files x86" folder since I didn't mention that previously. There is an "Addon Manager" folder in the Program Files (x86) on both the C & D drives which was created by my FSDreamTeam payware airports installation. FSDreamTeam files are the only items in the folder. 

Just to be clear, the "My Program Files (x86)" folder is one I created for installing programs outside of the standard Windows "Program Files (x86)" folder. I did this based on recommendations made by FSX and P3D for installation. The P3D main folder is in the "My Programs Files (x86)" folder, and in the P3D folder there is an "Addon Scenery" folder.  I've been running FSX for 5yrs. and P3D for 1yr. this way with no problems.  Hope this clears things up.

1 hour ago, JetJockey said:

I'm not sure how you determined there is an Addon folder in my "Program Files x86" folder since I didn't mention that previously.

Well, you did.  See the quote below.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, JetJockey said:

To give you some info on my setup, I have P3D loaded on my 😧 drive in a "My Programs Files (86)" folder and under the Lockheed Martin/P3dv4 folder there is an Addon Scenery folder.

So this brings up another question.  You have posted in the Airbus PROFESSIONAL forum. The Airbus Professional is 64-bit software for P3Dv4+, which is also 64-bit.  The Program Files (x86) folder is for 32-bit software. 

Which Airbus are you using?  The 32-bit for FSX and P3Dv3, or the 64-bit Airbus Professional for P3Dv4?

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, you did.  See the quote below.

So this brings up another question.  You have posted in the Airbus PROFESSIONAL forum. The Airbus Professional is 64-bit software for P3Dv4+, which is also 64-bit.  The Program Files (x86) folder is for 32-bit software. 

Which Airbus are you using?  The 32-bit for FSX and P3Dv3, or the 64-bit Airbus Professional for P3Dv4?

Ok, I was counting the "Addon Scenery" folder as being different from the Addons folder you were referencing.  As far as I've seen the "Addon Scenery" folder is always in the main directory of the Sim.  I've never seen it in the ProgramData folder, but I'm no expert by any means.

With respect to your 64-bit question, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, P3dv4 (64-bit), and the A320 software I downloaded and installed is titled "AS_A320-A321-PROF_P3DV4_V1250.exe".  Since it has P3Dv4 as part of it's title I expected it to be 64-bit as well.  Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks for sticking with this and trying to help me out.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, JetJockey said:

I hope this is helpful and we can resolve this problem because as it stands now I've spent $50 (US) to repurchase a product (already had it for FSX) that I can't us now.

First I want you to understand that there is nothing with our software causing this issue, and that is just certain.  It's something amiss with your system, and while we'll do our best to help you, it's not our obligation to do so because we'd love nothing better than to see you up and flying.

Since you installed a 64-bit application to a folder that is designed strictly for 32-bit software applications (it's okay, you're not the first!), there is a fair chance that you have some other issues on your system and some of them may well be contributing to the problems you're experiencing.  This more likely than not, but I'll give you a few things to try which may help resolve things for you.  If these don't resolve the problem, then we've have you submit a Ticket for Tech Support and one of our experts dig a little deeper.

First things first. Let's get you out of that 32-bit application specific folder.  Please uninstall the Airbus, and be sure to go back and remove any remaining folders and/or files from the original Airbus install. You didn't install to a normal location, so there is a chance the uninstaller won't pick up where everything is.  Since you know or found where the Airbus is presently installed to, that's where you'll find any remaining folders/files at.

When you reinstall, please sure the procedure from my friend Mopperle (Forum Moderator here at Aerosoft) outlined in the link below.  After that, you will hopefully be up and flying.

If not, and if you believe you have some Dot Net related issues, you can certainly try running the the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to see if that helps you resolve the issue. You can also check HERE to ensure you have the various Dot Net Versions and download any installers you might need.

Failing that, we'll have you put in a support ticket here:  https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/home

Best wishes!

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

To add one more thing: you stated  that you are running Windows 7, the system requirements ask for Windows 10.

Though we have several customers we know of using Windows 7, but if you're interested you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free over the Internet.  CAVEAT:  If you're running an older computer, you might want to first make sure that there are drivers available for Windows 10 as the default Windows drivers don't always work perfectly and can lead to your computer running slower - it happens rarely, but it does happen.

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Since you installed a 64-bit application to a folder that is designed strictly for 32-bit software applications (it's okay, you're not the first!), there is a fair chance that you have some other issues on your system and some of them may well be contributing to the problems you're experiencing.

As a point of clarification, in the Documents folder I have an Aerosoft folder.  In that Aerosoft folder there are two folders, the A320 Pro...(P3D) and the AirbusExtended (FSX) (see image below).  The Aerosoft a/c are not installed in the "My Programs Files (x86)" folder.  Only P3Dv4 is installed in the "My Programs Files (x86)" folder (along with other applications).  Since I created the My Programs Files (x86) folder the same way I would create any other folder in my 64-bit system, why do you say it is a 32-bit folder?  It is separate from the standard "Program Files (x86)" created by the operating system. Did adding "...(x86)" to the name cause the OS to make it 32-bit?

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

If not, and if you believe you have some Dot Net related issues, you can certainly try running the the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to see if that helps you resolve the issue. You can also check HERE to ensure you have the various Dot Net Versions and download any installers you might need.

I looked at the .NET links you provided but the Repair Tool states it's for .NET 4.6.1 and prior versions. I am currently running .NET ver. 4.7.2 so I can't use the repair tool.  The only thing I can do is upgrade to .NET 4.8 which I don't think will resolve my issue.

By the way, I never ran the "Delete Generated Files" program you previously suggested.  Since I didn't find the folder you wanted me to backup I didn't want to delete anything if I couldn't recover or restore in case it created other problems. If the "Addons" folder you referenced was actually either the "Addon Scenery" folder or the "Addon Manager" folder then I can backup those and try running the Delete program.  Let me know what you think.

If there are no other suggestions I guess opening a ticket is the next step.  I don't know what opening a ticket entails but I'm willing to try it.

Archived