Pressurisation Problem

Hi,

I'm using the CRJ for some time but now I'm experiencing a problem with the pressurization I never had before: The Cabin Altitude climbs until it gets into red warnings (above 10.000ft). There seems to be no way to stop it. It seems I'm missing something but I can't find it in the manual. The packs are on, Landing Elev. is set, but the system doesn't work. The cabin altitude stays above 10.000 ft even after landing.

According to the Aerosoft updater I'm using the latest version of the CRF.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Developer

The state of the APU door doesn't have any effect on the pressurization system.

The fact that the cabin altitude is still above 10000ft after landing points to a problem with the flight phase detection (change from climb to descent). I haven't seen this myself yet though.

Did your flight reach the programmed cruise altitude or did you stay below that? Or may be, did you exceed the programmed cruise altitude?

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, APU door is closed.

I programmed FL350 and reached that altitude. I set it in the FMC. Is there a need to put it in somewhere else? I didn't find any step in the manual...

The Cabin Alt rose to 17800 ft, Yellow Warning, Red Warning, PX Oxygen, everything happened. Switching to Manual had no effect.

There you can nothing do to avoid this behavior.

Even if you set up Flightsimulator and CRJ each time at the same way it may be happens that you make two flights in a row with that warning or 15 flights without.

During climb you recognise that "C Alt" stucks and at higher FL Level you see the warning.

The good thing is you have not to close your flight - you can ignore it simply 🙂

The warning started just below 10.000 feet. Both packs were on. The cabin altitude rose to about 17.700 feet and stopped only because I was descending through that altitude. 

And as Hoffie3000 said, it may happen two times in a row (as now) or not for some more flights. That is why I can't trace the problem myself as I ran through the checklist each time in the same way.

Is that the last word to the problem, we have to live with it? I can live with it, this little oddity would not prevent me from flying the CRJ, I just would like to know....

• Developer

If I can reproduce it in any way, I'm going to fix it of course. It didn't happen to me yet though.

Since it's simply happening during climb, I assume that the actual CLIMB phase of the auto pressurization profile is never reached in these cases. Has there been anything special about your flights? For example a high altitude airport or extremely low climb rates?

vor 2 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

For example a high altitude airport or extremely low climb rates?

No, this rare behaviour has nothing to do with.

During climb you have normally a vertical speed of about 2000 - 1000ft/min.

• Developer

Any additional information is welcome. I'm pretty sure I understood what's happening. But I still don't have the slightest clue why it does.

Same here, normal airports in Germany or North America. As stated before, it happens every other flight, but for me on most flights since the latest update.

Please let me know what other details you may need, I'm happy to provide you with everything I can come up with.

For the record, I have this issue occur as well but have not tried to diagnose except for running the QRH to switch the pressure controller that does not behave as expected.     For the type of flying I do with it, flows, systems, maneuvers,  instrument approaches I likely don’t reach set cruise.   Of coarse in the real aircraft not reaching cruise altitude is not an issue regarding pressurization.     

That being said, I am amazed how realistic this aircraft from Aerosoft is and how much realistic immersion it has.   Thank you.  I hope the needed clues that cause this are reported.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Sorry guys, I have been ill for a while. I'm back in service now and will continue to look into this issue. Should I remain unable to reproduce the problem, I might ask one of you guys to try a special version with detailed logging.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the plane and the problem seems to have gone away.

I still however have issues with the overhead buttons periodically not lighting up (AC avail light for example when the GPU is in).

• 1 year later...

Have that problem today too. Take off from VDPP, flight to WAQQ. Never experienced it before. Maybe it is caused by a not completely reset system as de former flight was to VDPP (without the problem) and saved after landing with running engine etc near the fule pump.

• 3 months later...

Today using the msfs version I've had the same issue, i was trying to reach FL380 however speed was dropping in the climb and i would never be able to make it up there without a stall so i descended to FL190 with the C alt still getting worse. Once i got too high i got Cabin Alt Warning High with the C alt rising rapidly, even now as shown in the screenshot on the ground after landing its still showing 14500ft as the cabin alt, i have definitely pressed the packs button as per the checklists included with the EFB. I'm still quite new to this aircraft is there a way to confirm the packs have turned on as there is no light on the button to confirm unlike for example the a320, many thanks Riley

Please login to display this image.

Archived