Turned off HDR - Night ligtht VC too dark

Hello…

Has turned off HDR in p3d setting - in many ways I better like the new colour picture.

But at night - I think the panel light is  not enough strong/bright.

Any place where I can increase the panel lights brightness - The knobs at VC is already set to full.

??

Chris from Denmark :)

26 minutes ago, copilot767 said:

Hello…

Has turned off HDR in p3d setting - in many ways I better like the new colour picture.

But at night - I think the panel light is  not enough strong/bright.

Any place where I can increase the panel lights brightness - The knobs at VC is already set to full.

??

Chris from Denmark :)

Hello Chris,

What you are describing is generally caused by a Monitor itself and/or your graphics card Gamma, Intensity (Brightness) and Contrast not set correctly.  I recommend you keep P3D HDR turned off, then calibrate your monitor using the monitor's own settings, and then use a freeware tool called Calibrize to adjust your graphics cards settings.  After that, if you notice any issues (remember that day and night shading in the sim is somewhat dynamic thus brightness will change throughout the day, from day to night, and day to day, so after you've completed  your calibration if you notice issues then all you have to do is adjust the Gamma settings on your graphics card (though I doubt it will be necessary).

Check back in and let us know how  you made out?

I have tried the Calibrize and been playing around with the settings.

I know two screens not are the same in colours.

In my NVIDIA screen desktop I found these settings- So I have increased my cockpitlight and my Desktop and pictures are also looking okay.

Brightness    +25

Contrast      + 20

Gamma ´+ 1.69

What do you think ? - what is your settings there, compared to mine `? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is being discussed. Problem is that PBR for an existing product means some month of additional work. And this work needs to be paid. So in case Aerosoft decides to offer an PBR-Upgrade do not expect it to be free of charge.

• Aerosoft

And as I said before, I still have to see the aircraft that really looks a lot more realistic (not different or more dramatic) with PBR. Now that said there are no aircraft that have it build in from the start and not added as a simple payer later. That is for sure something we do not want to do.

Archived