Possible Problem with REX Environment Force

Gabe777

Hi there.

Given that P3D needs to ge started via the Simstarter interface, this appears to cause a conflict with the new REX program, which also states, that it should be used to start P3D.

Any advice on this matter ?

Thnx

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't own the new REX tool yet, but for me this sounds like, that REX simply needs to run prior to P3D. So with that it should be possible to put it simply into the "Run" config set of SIMstarter.

Just give it a try.

Hi Tom.

Well I am not buying it if there will be a problem, as I need Simstarter.

The problem is, REX needs to install and inject stuff into P3D. So if it needs to start P3D, in the same was as Simstarter does, there will be a conflict, clearly.

Until I know for sure if there is way of getting both to work, I'm waiting.

Hopefully someone will find out.

Thnx

Add any program that you want to start before the SIM above it in the Run manager. (Run ConfigSet)......I have REX running via NG since Yesterday, no problems at all. 

Currently in one of my 'Run Managers' I have the following starting before the SIM starts:

REX Sky Force

REX Environment Force

Real Time Flight Manager

Note:  the start order 🙂 

Then the SIM will Start

Then these will start

ProATC/X

FS RealTime

AivlaSoft EFB V2

When I close the SIM then all these will auto close

All good

So presumably, if I were using Active Sky just for the weather engine, that would be set to start along with your first 3 ?

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Active Sky is handled differently by SIMstarter, as it is not setup in a "run config set" but in the "extended settings" of a profile. 

You basically just tick one checkbox to get Active Sky started automatically before h simulator.

If you are using Active sky with EF then you must 'uncheck' 'Enable Weather Smoothing' and 'Enable real-time weather data read' in EF

Archived