Default Folder Installation Questions

Hello.  I just purchased the A320/A321 Professional and I'm confused about the installation.  My PC has 2 drives, one of which is an SSD with P3D v4.5 installed on it, and the other is a HDD.  When I ran the installer for the first time it just asked about installing to a default folder which I believe was C:\Program Files(x86)\Aerosoft (or something to that effect), which I assumed was just asking about installing the documentation as that's not where my P3D is installed.  In fact, P3D is installed into C:\P3D.  Since I assumed the installer was just asking where to install the documentation, I changed the folder to my HDD and continued the installation.  On the next screen it correctly identified where my P3D folder exists (C:\P3D\) so I completed the install.  But then I see that it deposited everything into the folder I told it to (E:\Aerosoft), including creating it's own \simobjects folder and all the other related folders that are inside the P3D install by default.  And of course the aircraft does not show up in P3D.

So I uninstalled the entire Airbus install, including the files it installed into my :\Documents folder and tried to run the install again.  But now the installer remembers the custom install folder I had told it the first time (E:\Aerosoft) so I can't even get it to install into it's default folder.

So my questions....

1:  What is the default install folder that the Aerosoft A320/A321 uses on first run?

2:  Why didn't it install properly into P3D if it knew where my P3D install resided?

3:  How do I properly install this product?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The new Aerosoft Airbus uses, like many other addons, the new installation methode introduced by LM. This method allows you to install addons anywhere you want outside of the P3D rootfolder. The big adavntage of this methode is that whenever you update P3D, addons using this new methode are not effected at all and do not need to be reinstalled.

So when you run the Airbus installer it asks you for a folder to install all needed aircraft files.

I myself created a folder outside P3d and named it simply "..\Addons". All recent Aerosoft installers remember the installation folder you where choosing at the first install, so that any further installer offers you this folder again. So all my addons are finally located under "...\Addons", each in its own subfolder.

Regarding the Airbus there is another location where files are installed and this location can not be changed as it contains generic files/folders also used by other Aerosoft addon: "c:\users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\Aerosoft"

So my recommendation is that you create a folder outside of P3D for your addons and point their installers to this folder. But remember: Unfortunately not all products from many other developers support currently this methode.

Archived