PBR for Airbus PRO ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aerosoft is for sure considering this. But as Mathijs alraedy in another post mentioned, it would mean additional 2 month of work only for PBR. And these 2 months that needs to get paid.

Another very wellknown developer of sceneries already announced a "premium price tag" for PBR sceneries.

So do not expect PBR as a free update, although it would be nice. But as said this is an additional huge workload for a modeller and that needs to get paid. And for me there are other things far more important then PBR, which is just a very nice eyecandy.

I don't get the hype with PBR when you're spending most of the time inside the cockpit anyway and not looking at it externally.

The scenery PBR for example in ImagineSim WSSS are barely noticeable. The only thing I notice is the increase in GPU usage. :D

The only place where PBR might remotely "wow" me would be in the VC.  But I have to say even in scenery, it's...ok...but I can't say I'm blown away by it.

Going forward I can certainly see including it though.  It is an incremental visual improvement.

Really if devtime is going to be spent, I'd rather it go for something immersive like visual icing.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, that project is created from the start with P3d V4.4.

Uh oh. That sounds like at least another year development

47 minutes ago, Aviator1985 said:

Uh oh. That sounds like at least another year development

Complex Aircraft i imagine can take a long time to develope so its quite acceptable to wait 1-2 maybe 3 years from start to bug free , im sure it will be great when its finally put on sale .

3 hours ago, keenrw said:

Complex Aircraft i imagine can take a long time to develope so its quite acceptable to wait 1-2 maybe 3 years from start to bug free , im sure it will be great when its finally put on sale .

Can't argue with that. But it appears this one is starting over again from start to bug free all over again. This thing has been scheduled for 2016 (latest 2017). Sure sh** happens, but I got the feeling that this project can't keep up with all with the evolution of it's host and thus is going into a neverending cycle and will probably stall very quickly. I'd rather go without PBR if that meant a project start-over, which may cost another 2-3 years. There seems to be a huge zig-zag between alpha- beta- amost done- alpha-almost done- beta-...! I assure you this post is not meant to be disrespectful or trying to put pressure on this project. The developers sure earn my respect (any that takes on aircraft, especially popular ones like the A330). It's just genuine disappointment after being excited for 2-3 years and seeing it going always further away and I am not talking about potential deadlines that haven't been met, but the apparent lack of progress.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The PBR question has been answered for both the Baby Bus Pro as well as the A330. Since this is sliding into an off-topic A330 progress critique, time to wrap it up.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived