IR doesn't align

Lazar_D

Hello!

I can't align IR when I am manually starting the plane from cold dark state.

As you can see from next photos when i set ADIRS to nav, on the display appear message IR IN ALIGN 1 MN (it starts form 5 min.)

After countdown only IR IN ALIGN stay on the display for about 1 second and then disappear, displays are still red and there is no any message.

If I move the plane(what of course I should't do) IR NOT ALIGNED appears, but in previous case it looks like that plane or software thinks that Ir is aligned but actually it's not.

I done everything on same way as i used to do in non professional version, but to be sure that I work everything correctly this time I started checklist but there is no successful feedback.

Currently the only way to run everything is to use some other states (takeoff, taxi...). 

Please login to display this image.

This one is when I move it

• Deputy Sheriffs

I've seen this too at maybe 2 flights out of 100; but no idea what could causing it. Restarting P3D or loading the aircraft state again solved it.

Nothing, I also updated p3d to v4.5 and reinstall A320-A319 pro.

This happened on every flight (test) I made, except using aircraft state option.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Lazar,

If it's happening on every flight and you can recreate it. Could you please enable all the logging on the configurator and zip the whole Data folder with all the Logs inside it after recreating a flight where it happens. Not sure, but logging could leave a mark where it gets stuck.

Dear Lazar, 

I have exactly the same problem and would have taken same screen shots  as you did and hope, somebody can help with this  issue. 

No idea how to come out of it... 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello gents,

Just to confirm you do Align the IRS through MCDU INIT A as well? Also, are you using the latest 1.2.4.0 version?

Hello Secondator and gents

Yes, have latest 1.2.4.0 version installed through updater. Also with earlier versions this phenomenon occurred already partly.

Aligning IRS through MCDU Unit A was never possible in a controlled way. I have installed the A318/319 for Prepared 3D V4.

The line for "Align IRS" (color yellow or orange) is only appearing erratically and then there is success after pushing the respective SKR button.

Not working is the  always appearing  "Align IRS" colored white. Hope this gives a hint..

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I am still not sure if I understood correctly. Best would be if you could take a video of it and send it to me so I can see what is going on. I am unable to recreate this myself.

Just to go through the procedure once again just in case can you confirm you do the following steps (best would be if you do the video following this order as well so I can see).
1) Align all three ADIRS units on the overhead
2) On your MCDU you will see amber "RESET IRS TO NAV" Message. Clear this
3) Select FMGC
4) Go to INIT A Page
5) On LSK 3R, you should see "IRS INIT>" in white, if so click that
6) On the next page you should see amber "ALIGN IRS->" on LSK 3R, if so click that
7) Wait until the timer on upper ECAM counts down.

If you have followed all these steps and it's still not working, then it would be crucial to have all possible information what you do and do not see and where it's going wrong. Also, is it happening on every single flight or does restarting P3D or the panel state solve the issue like mopperle suggests.

Dear Secondator

In the meantime I've followed the 7 points with success!

I did it under external power supply and APU supply without any difference.

So it was my fault not being aware of that timer count down 5 Min. 

Is that point anywhere in the instructions? I couldn't find it in "step by step" manual.

Conclusion:

This "failure"  might occur if the sequence of checklist points is not kept properly.

Especially if using the crew briefing tool and not waiting until the cockpit checklist, performed by  that feature, has been completed. 

--> Eagerly to come to the starting up and push back procedure 🙂 Interfering with own manual inputs into the MCDU 1 (Left) including ALIGN IRS->

(I also suggest to start the PC short before starting the simulator with respective tools if available and not doing other things in between.)

Thanks a lot !

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DFMG said:

Is that point anywhere in the instructions? I couldn't find it in "step by step" manual.

Chapter 5.4 "Align IRS"

Additional information: aligining the IRS depends on the latitude. The far more north the longer it takes.

Ok, thank you very much!

However, this is a real nice product and I like to use it with all it's complexity. It's fascinating. A lot to learn for non professionals...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived