Orlando to Miami - a most bizarre routing!

I have been using PFPX for many years and overall it does a good job of selecting a good route for flights. But this one has me stumped. I don't blame PFPX. The problem appears to be a lack of SIDs to the south out of Orlando. Surely in the real world there must be flights with a more sensible routing than this. If I'm interpreting this correctly I take off to the north and fly for almost 80nm before a u-turn and head south before turning left for a sensible routing. 160nm without going anywhere! Really?

JAG6 MATEO J53 WORMS V267 KIZER V437 OVIDO J45 TRV ANNEY4

Please login to display this image.

Many of the departure SID's are via vectors and therefor not included in the AIRAC data.

From the charts, CITRUS 1 for example, add the depicted departure points using the airport editor:

Route found then: MLB BLUFI4

From flightaware MLB HILEY7 flown as direct

FAA preferred route MCO MLB HILEY7 MIA ( likely ORLANDO 4 dep )

The exit points are denoted on the charts eg ORLANDO4 and CITRUS1, I have merely added those to the airport departure procedures using the editor.

HILEY7 is available, BLUFI4 automatically selected as it has the MLB transition.

10 minutes ago, srcooke said:

The exit points are denoted on the charts eg ORLANDO4 and CITRUS1, I have merely added those to the airport departure procedures using the editor.

HILEY7 is available, BLUFI4 automatically selected as it has the MLB transition.

Stephen, you still aren't telling me where I can access those charts. Navigraph subscription or another hopefully free source?

Archived