FPS drop with Overhead view

Hello,

I use the Chees plane for the view and when I put the visual overhead, the FPS drop from 35/40 to 10 and sometimes even lower. I only happen with this view, all the others work with 35/40 FPS.

How is this solved?

If the Boss doesn't mind, I'd like to jump in here to try and help.

2. Would you please tell us where this happened?  Example:  At the gate, during taxi, during takeoff, within 18nm of a payware airport, at cruise level, etc. 

3. If this occurred at the airport, was it a default airport or payware airport?  If payware airport can you please tell us which one it was?

Many thanks!

Hi, it happened during the flight, at the gate it was all normal.
The PC specifications are:
CPU: Ryzen5 2660x
GPU: RX580 with the latest drivers installed.

I think this problem is caused by these drivers. I'm having a lot of FPS problems during the flight.

I did some tests with my simulator. Even setting everything to minimum I now get a maximum of 19 FPS in the Hoveread view. This happened after installing the latest update for A320-A321. Isn't it that by chance there is some incompatibility of the last updated with V4.4?

32 minutes ago, magna91 said:

I did some tests with my simulator. Even setting everything to minimum I now get a maximum of 19 FPS in the Hoveread view. This happened after installing the latest update for A320-A321. Isn't it that by chance there is some incompatibility of the last updated with V4.4?

I don't believe there is any type of compatibility issue, especially with P3Dv4.4 (LM has released P3Dv4.5).  Looking at your processor and GPU, I believe this is a combination of P3D Settings, Graphics Card Settings, and the issues that occur with P3D when Turbo Boost ramps up for a heavier workload.

I'm pretty sure you would benefit from the following:

1. Use DDU to wipe your current graphics drivers and then reinstall the latest graphics drivers for your graphics card.

2. Delete your P3D Shaders (even if you've already done this).

3. Start P3D and in the Graphics section select "Default Settings" and then test to see if the issue is still present/better.

Give that a try and let us know how you make out?

Hi, I've already done everything as described by you. I do not know what to do.
I tried to set the default settings of p3d but without solution

Just now, magna91 said:

Hi, I've already done everything as described by you. I do not know what to do.
I tried to set the default settings of p3d but without solution

Any P3D tweaks, Graphics card tweaks or CPU/GPU overclocking on your system?

While I don't have any experience with AMD Hardware (CPUs and GPUs) over the past 2 or 3 years, the general consensus is that it's an uphill battle for running FSX or P3D, given that no game software comes close to the load that P3D puts on a system when running with payware aircraft, payware airports and complex weather depiction.  I am loathe to lumping P3D into the game category as it most certainly is not a game, but the gaming category is the best comparison for these purposes.

Something else you might consider is what other software you're running in concert with P3D, and also using an Affinity Mask setting to devote more immediate processing power to P3D.

Finally, I've found that a CPU Turbo mode doesn't work very well with P3D, especially when you're within 18nm of a payware airport when flying an payware airliner as the heavy demands come and go fairly rapidly. This creates a situation where the processor ramps up to meet a heavier demand, and as it moves back down to the base clock the demand increases again and what you end up doing is cycling the HECK out of your processor.  This crates a CPU lag that is often discernable.  While this isn't precisely what you're describing, getting rid of that lag by having your processors always "up to full speed" can make a heck of a difference with P3D when running a payware airliner with payware airports.  I have all 4 of my processors set to run at 4.5GHz and my older system (INTEL i7-4770K with NVIDIA GTX 1080) handles everything I thought at it.  In fact, few people in the flight sim world run with the load I place on my system.

I used to perform system grooming for a lot of people and at one time I managed 14 completely different computers (they were all INTEL/NVIDIA systems save one AMD/NVIDIA system), however the demands on my time these days makes that absolutely impossible. What I would do is seek out some help from those who have AMD systems over on the Prepa3d forums, which would give you targeted advice rather the speculation on my part.

I have reinstalled P3D v4.4 now and with defualt settings and without any travel addons again at 100/140 FPS!

I am slowly trying to put all the addons I had before. I hope it was a case of that sudden drop of FPS. As soon as I find the possible culprit, I will update you.

With the A320/321 updated 1.2.4.0, now i have in VC 30/35 FPS in KBSO (with the default graphic setting) with traffic at 80%, and 50/70 FPS in the outside view.

I think my problem is caused by CheasePlane.

Archived