Livery Mess

I feel like im going insane. Why is it so difficult to get a livery to show up in the sim? I have corrected the fallback, i have checked the type, i have added the livery into the cfg file, i have done everything required for any other repaint i have ever manually installed. It even shows up in the livery manager!! With a picture of itself!! (yet, the livery manager wont install it itself)

But no matter what i do, i simply can not get it to show up in the aircraft list.

Does anyone have a working Easyjet livery with a G prefix reg and a remaining reg that is corresponding to an actual aircraft. Vezy have all the liveries, and despite having many of them installed before, after literally hours re-writing cfg files and fallback addresses, i simply can not get any other livery to show up. This is since 1.2.4.0 but im not saying that is the problem as it has always been very difficult to get a livery into the Pro bus

Also, what is the mess of a hosting system for the liveries in the forum? Mathjis made the new topics for liveries for the pro, yet there are repaints for pro in the old sections, old repaints in the new sections, and the search function seems to ignore files.... Im not a re-painter, or a software developer, im just a huge aviation fan who just wants to pay for his software, and have an easy time using it.

Why cant i go into to forum for liveries, search easyjet, download the file and use the livery installer to install it with a click??? 

I honestly dont mind the ongoing update policy. We waited a long time for this release and in my opinion it is a brilliant add on that was released, as explained, with some finishing to do. But guys, i cant even install a livery!!! Hours i have spent today without even loading into a flight.

What am i doing wrong? Im sorry if its my fault, but i just dant understand why i have such difficulty and illogical results like it showing in livery manager but not in sim?

Is anyone aware of anywhere that is hosting repaints that simply work with the installer?

EDIT

I have managed to get 1 livery in. It took a full reinstall because by this time, i had altered so many things, i didnt know what state things were in.

Excuse my frustration, but i simply dont understand why a) The livery manager exists if it doesn't work or if it does work, b) why are repaints not packaged by repainters in a format ready for the installer to install them? 

Like i said, im no programmer.... But i just dont understand the problem between the installer, and the repaint files?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, petetech said:

but i simply dont understand why a) The livery manager exists if it doesn't work or if it does work, b) why are repaints not packaged by repainters in a format ready for the installer to install them? 

The Livery Manager works very well except in the following cases:

- people use old repaints not being (100%) compatibel with the current aircraft version

- painters do not follow the guidelines given by Aerosoft, so that they have a package which can be used by the Livery Manager.  So you have to ask the Painter we he doesnt stick to the rules. ;)

Thanks. This has been my experience of the repaints in the pro forum. Well that's crazy then, why wouldn't they? And then there are repaints that say compatible with pro, or updated for pro but manual install only... And that's fine, i can manage manual install. But it seems to be hit and miss. So you have a repaint, the installer doesn't want it, you manually install and it wont show, you make the edit and it wont show, but does in the livery manager, so you change the model and you get alpha textures only, so you try the other model and by now, you have 7 txt files open, the sim open, 3 folders open, you don't know what your name is any more and you have made a complete mess inside your install! haha. 

I need coffee.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

The Livery Manager works very well except in the following cases:

- people use old repaints not being (100%) compatibel with the current aircraft version

- painters do not follow the guidelines given by Aerosoft, so that they have a package which can be used by the Livery Manager.  So you have to ask the Painter we he doesnt stick to the rules. ;)

Sorry do not agree with this statement . I have stated before and do so again that repaints made for other versions are still valid for this version . The reason is simple , the only changes made to the paint kit since the Airbus X from 2010 are the VC textures and the addition of the sharklet models

I was able to install ALL of my paints from the previous version ( installed in P3D V3 ) . Simply made backups using the Livery Manager ( for P3D V3 ) and installed them using the Livery Manager for P3D V4 ( this changes the texture.cfg automatically ) .

Yes , there is some WORK involved by the end user regarding the line model= in the aircraft.cfg , the lack of a registration / selcal in the VC and for some the satdome ( this was not included in the previous paint kit ) .

Any textures not used in the professional version are simply ignored and can be left or if the end user is confident enough , be removed ( to save space ) .

Archived