Ailerons Glitch

I've got a bug with the Aerosoft A320 family (literally all types), where, the ailerons move left and right all the time even when I'm not moving my joystick. It is a bit as if I was moving it left-right-left-right all the time. It causes a lot of crashes because even when AP is on, it still does it and it disconnects the autopilot and the story goes on. It is actually unfliable. It's not lag or any controls issue because all other aircraft work just fine. It worked fine before I moved on from FSX to P3Dv4. Please can I get some help? This has been an issue on all A318-A321.

Dave,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues my friend.

Just a few questions to help us narrow this down.

1. Does this occur on every flight, including at default airports?

2. What are your frame rates when this occurs?

1 hour ago, Secondator said:

Hello Dave,

What are your system specs? Does your fps drop below 18? 

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Dave,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues my friend.

Just a few questions to help us narrow this down.

1. Does this occur on every flight, including at default airports?

2. What are your frame rates when this occurs?

My frames are OK, can't give an exact number, my PC specs; i7, AMD R9 370X, however, it is bootcamped (installed Windows on Mac) so it runs a bit worse. Still, performance is good with all other aircraft, around 30FPS or so... (even when at airports with scenery). With Aerosoft, I can say that the frames go down slightly, but not as much. It is still fliable (except for the aileron issue). I was testing recently and saw that this only really happens right after I move my joystick and I tried  during P/S and saw on the ECAM that the ailerons move left-right only after I move my joystick.

This does also occur on default airports and I do not see a big difference in performance between default and paid scenery. 

1 hour ago, Dave Solesvik said:

performance is good with all other aircraft, around 30FPS or so

So there is a bit of a learning curve we need to go through here.

Given the complexities of each aircraft and how they are programmed, one should really never compare any two airliners to one another.  but with the Aerosoft Airbus/Airbus Pro this is even more true as we are one of the very few developers who used the P3Dv4 compilers. In fact, to my knowledge PMDG doesn't even do this and there are only one or two other GA aircraft comiled for P3Dv4.  But more than that, the Aerosoft Airbus/Airbus Pro have the aircraft tied directly to the frame rate, so if your frames dip below about 16fps, even momentarily, you're going to experience what you described.  So you're frames can be steady up to flying within 18nm of a payware airport and that that point the graphics for that airport are going to load (there is nothing a user can do about this) and that is going to affect your frames and thus the Airbus.

Additionally, you're using an AMD processor, and we've seen for years that these processors are not nearly as good as Intel processors (don't ask me why as I haven't studied this).  But  that you're running an operating system AND an operating system shell the affect is going to be even worse (as you've already experienced).

I'd recommend you turn you're P3D graphics settings down and maybe check your P3D graphics engine settings (example: the type of AA you're using, etc.) in order to optimize how P3D runs on your system.  My friend Rob Ainscough wrote a great P3D setup guide and the Prepar3d forums can also be a great help in optimizing you're settings.

My very best wishes.

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So there is a bit of a learning curve we need to go through here.

Given the complexities of each aircraft and how they are programmed, one should really never compare any two airliners to one another.  but with the Aerosoft Airbus/Airbus Pro this is even more true as we are one of the very few developers who used the P3Dv4 compilers. In fact, to my knowledge PMDG doesn't even do this and there are only one or two other GA aircraft comiled for P3Dv4.  But more than that, the Aerosoft Airbus/Airbus Pro have the aircraft tied directly to the frame rate, so if your frames dip below about 16fps, even momentarily, you're going to experience what you described.  So you're frames can be steady up to flying within 18nm of a payware airport and that that point the graphics for that airport are going to load (there is nothing a user can do about this) and that is going to affect your frames and thus the Airbus.

Additionally, you're using an AMD processor, and we've seen for years that these processors are not nearly as good as Intel processors (don't ask me why as I haven't studied this).  But  that you're running an operating system AND an operating system shell the affect is going to be even worse (as you've already experienced).

I'd recommend you turn you're P3D graphics settings down and maybe check your P3D graphics engine settings (example: the type of AA you're using, etc.) in order to optimize how P3D runs on your system.  My friend Rob Ainscough wrote a great P3D setup guide and the Prepar3d forums can also be a great help in optimizing you're settings.

My very best wishes.

Thanks a lot for the help, I'll see what I can do

12 hours ago, Secondator said:

Have you checked your control settings that you have only one input source for the ailerons?

Yeah, still the same. It's probably an FPS issue, so I'll focus on that.

11 hours ago, Dave Solesvik said:

Thanks a lot for the help, I'll see what I can do

Yeah, still the same. It's probably an FPS issue, so I'll focus on that.

Have Dave, I neglected to mention that P3Dv4.5 does have a serious issue that reduces frame rates when someone is using elevated settings. Many of us who have done tech support for FSX and P3D over many years have routinely cautioned those in the community not to increase their settings unless they are really sure what their systems can handle, and what LM and the community found out after P3Dv4.5 was released is that LM injected some FPS issues for those with elevated settings.  LM is looking to correct this with a patch, but no time frame as far as I know for this.  The interim solution is to reduce P3D graphics settings, especially Autogen settings (which I recommend never adjusting if you're flying airliners in/out of payware airports.

I hope this information is helpful to you my friend!  Please do keep us updated on your progress.... we really do care brother, and we want you to have a wonderful experience with our products.

Best wishes!

Archived