Radio for landing

Hi

I'm sorry to put this here, but it's a quick question .. I need to set the nav properly for landing, and in the screenshot it seems to work (so i'm eventually aligned with the runway). However, there should also be a 'pointer' showing me the direction of the airport, so it's not a guess. I used to do this quite a bit so I should remember it.

Can someone just quickly tell me what I should be doing to have a pointer to the runway.

Thanks! Gaz

Please login to display this image.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, GaryMcCl said:

I sorted it by putting the same frequency into VOR1 and VOR2. I've probably gone too far?

Thanks for getting back to me, Dave.

Gaz

It can certainly be done manually my friend, and certainly you can do this (same as in the GA Aircraft I used to fly... they were all manual, follow the needle type stuff).  But the better option is just to enter the departure airport, arrival airport (which will have the same Airport ICAO code as the departure) and enter the departure and arrival runways. This is how it would actually be done in the Airbus.  Manual entry is in my opinion more of a backup.

Best wishes my good friend!

On 4/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Just select the runway/approach in the MCDU.  If you select an ILS Approach, it automatically enters the frequency and course for you.

Hi Dave

Sorry about asking you again over this, but simple question ; how do I select the ILS Approach - in other words, how do I tell MCDU what runway we're landing at?

It's simple in a normal flight, because I would go to the flight plan page and select the destination - if I choose one with an ILS, I don't need to tune it in (as you say), but in the MCDU I have no plan, so no destination with an ILS I can modify. 

Hope you're well, mate. 

Gaz

26 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Hi Dave

Sorry about asking you again over this, but simple question ; how do I select the ILS Approach - in other words, how do I tell MCDU what runway we're landing at?

It's simple in a normal flight, because I would go to the flight plan page and select the destination - if I choose one with an ILS, I don't need to tune it in (as you say), but in the MCDU I have no plan, so no destination with an ILS I can modify. 

Hope you're well, mate. 

Gaz

Hello Gary,

Happy to answer your question my friend. Please take a look at the video below, and let me know if you have any questions.

Please login to view this video.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived