A321 sudden erratic behaviour during cruise

easydavid14

Hello,

Cruising at FL330 and suddenly the aircraft starts bouncing up, down, side to side totally uncontrollable then becomes very laggy. Tried disabling AP but issue still there also disabling active sky and its not a weather problem. Problem comes back even by choosing a saved flight.

Any ideas?

Regards

Yes, the Aerosoft Airbus requires at least 18 FPS to work correctly. If FPS fall below the value behaviour like you describe may occur. In my own sim I am experiencing the same (using lots of AI). When I enter the Frankfurt area for example the sim stutters a couple of times to load all the AI and this is enough for the Airbus to become uncontrollable. I have work around this issue by disabling AI when entering the runway and enable it again after landing or on final approach...

Although it depends on settings one is using, I usually don't experience any erratic behavior even down to 14fps and many have reported similar results.  The Airbus for FSX was 18fps, but improvements were made (and 64-bits didn't hurt either!).

But I agree, sounds David was experiencing frame rate issues, however brief they might have been.

On 4/21/2019 at 4:36 PM, easydavid14 said:

Hello,

Cruising at FL330 and suddenly the aircraft starts bouncing up, down, side to side totally uncontrollable then becomes very laggy. Tried disabling AP but issue still there also disabling active sky and its not a weather problem. Problem comes back even by choosing a saved flight.

Any ideas?

Regards

in my case it looks like the opposite:

EGKK to LXGB, cruising at FL350, no AI around, FPS continuously ranging from 20 to 50 (?!), the only way to stop the sudden uncontrollable fllying was to disable any weather engine (ActiveSky, SkyForce, FSWX) I've tried

only without weather addon, or using a weather P3D preset I was able to smoothly complete the flight

4 hours ago, Tozzifan said:

in my case it looks like the opposite:

EGKK to LXGB, cruising at FL350, no AI around, FPS continuously ranging from 20 to 50 (?!), the only way to stop the sudden uncontrollable fllying was to disable any weather engine (ActiveSky, SkyForce, FSWX) I've tried

only without weather addon, or using a weather P3D preset I was able to smoothly complete the flight

I run an i7-4770K at 4.5GHz (HT Enabled) and a vanilla NVIDIA GTX1080 (very similar to your setup) along with running 1 x 55" 4K TV and 3 x 23" LCD Monitors, and in concert with P3D I run ActiveSky and ASCA along with Eventex, Avilasoft EFB, Navigraph Charts Desktop, OBS Studio, Restream Chat, Vpilot, Web Broswer, Real Time, and VATSPY during every flight.  My flights are extremely smooth!

Would you kindly share with us any P3D or NVIDIA Inspector Tweaks you may be using as well as screen shots of your P3D Graphics Settings (Display, World, Lighting and Weather)?

ok, thanks

here the settings, no Inspector changes made

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lokking at you setting, they are IMHO too high, especially when using a GTX1080; How do you settings in ActiveSky look like? The default wind/turbulence settings are known to cause problems with many aircraft.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Lokking at you setting, they are IMHO too high, especially when using a GTX1080; How do you settings in ActiveSky look like? The default wind/turbulence settings are known to cause problems with many aircraft.

in Active Sky I let the default settings, yet also other weather engines seem to be involved

• Deputy Sheriffs

Set the following values to something below 50:
- Maximum Wind Turbulence

- Turbulence Effect Scale

- Maximum Wind Shear

Also lower some settings, especially reflections and shadows are extremly frame sensitive.

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Set the following values to something below 50:
- Maximum Wind Turbulence

- Turbulence Effect Scale

- Maximum Wind Shear

Also lower some settings, especially reflections and shadows are extremly frame sensitive.

thanks, I'll try those values ... yet: are reflections and shadows a factor at 35000' ?

• 9 months later...

Hello again,

after trials with all the Buses (18,19,20,21,330), I can confirm now that the moment weather is being injected is still fatal: following your suggestions, I've downgraded graphics complexity, reduced ASP4 turbulence to a little less than half values

so, either on the descent or approach, as I see the weather visually switching, the aircraft jinks like a dogfighter, unless I hit immediately the pause key and let the fps value raise again to normal values

flying into clear weather, no issues experienced

so, flying usually into fps ranging from 30 to 60, there is just a 1-2-3 seconds freezing event that destroys the Airbus "balance" (not only with Active Sky)

in the end I ask for any other possible hint, having searched and found nothing useful, so far

thanks

10 minutes ago, Tozzifan said:

Hello again,

after trials with all the Buses (18,19,20,21,330), I can confirm now that the moment weather is being injected is still fatal: following your suggestions, I've downgraded graphics complexity, reduced ASP4 turbulence to a little less than half values

so, either on the descent or approach, as I see the weather visually switching, the aircraft jinks like a dogfighter, unless I hit immediately the pause key and let the fps value raise again to normal values

flying into clear weather, no issues experienced

so, flying usually into fps ranging from 30 to 60, there is just a 1-2-3 seconds freezing event that destroys the Airbus "balance" (not only with Active Sky)

in the end I ask for any other possible hint, having searched and found nothing useful, so far

thanks

What speed is your CPU running at?

Have you overclocked your CPU or GPU?

What type of Harddrive(s) are you using?

What settings are you using for a  Weather Engine and Weather Textures?  If you are using any third party weather textures?  If so, would you please be kind provide screen shots of the settings including texture resolution?

Would you please provide screen shots of the P3D Display, World, Lighting, Graphics, Lighting and World setup pages?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What speed is your CPU running at?

i9-990@4700, default

Have you overclocked your CPU or GPU?

no

What type of Harddrive(s) are you using?

samsung 850 SSDs, one for win10, one for P3d

What settings are you using for a  Weather Engine and Weather Textures?  If you are using any third party weather textures?  If so, would you please be kind provide screen shots of the settings including texture resolution?

ActiveSKyP4, default, except for the suggested Turbulence (Halved or less) // textures: ENVtex or REX SkyForce, @2048

Would you please provide screen shots of the P3D Display, World, Lighting, Graphics, Lighting and World setup pages?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

thanks for the assistance, again

I know reflections can impair fps, yet the jinking usually starts far from the ground, at the time of weather injection

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Dave,

before pulling you into a bigger effort: you said that we have similar systems:

could you please share you settings, so I have some point to start from?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I still see settings being way to high:

- Autogen and Scenery draw distance

- Shadows/Casting and Receiving: too many items ticked.

- also in Entex I see a "warning": Cumulus

I do not use Envtex and Skyforec, only Active Sky and ActiveSky Cloud Art, hava a system with lower specs and simüply do not see such a problem.

Maybe you are also too much other tools running in parallel, degrading the perfomance.

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

I still see settings being way to high:

- Autogen and Scenery draw distance

- Shadows/Casting and Receiving: too many items ticked.

- also in Entex I see a "warning": Cumulus

I do not use Envtex and Skyforec, only Active Sky and ActiveSky Cloud Art, hava a system with lower specs and simüply do not see such a problem.

Maybe you are also too much other tools running in parallel, degrading the perfomance.

ok,

what I aim to find is the better compromise (and immersion)

although I cannot claim to have the same detail when bush flying around Lukla or Mysty Moorings, yet I'd still try to have lesser blurry terrains and empty airports, when bringing an a321 down to Shanghai ;)

Just curious, why are you using SkyFarce and ENVTex textures at the same time?

Try these settings:

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just curious, why are you using SkyFarce and ENVTex textures at the same time?

Try these settings:

not  at the same time, usually I prefer to use SkyForce clouds, which I install after I set ENVtex textures (without clouds)

that ENVtex screenshot was taken after setting textures for a flight, using only ENvtex

going to try your suggestions ...........

• 4 weeks later...

[all Bus-es updated to latest release]

Hello again,

it's gone better with your suggestions and settings: jinkings still happen - although softened - upon TOD and transition altitudes (weather injecting moments, I still guess), yet I've learned to stay on guard :) just there, pause the sim for two seconds, and the flight resumes fine, every time

please, what do you think about setting half simulation speed, when enroute and meaning to stay away from the PC for a while, to preserve greater fluctuations in fps? (and avoid Alpha Floor and/or similar issues....)

P3D and our Airbus Professional Series seem to work fine in Time Acceleration, so I don't see  a real need to slow things down.   But other than that I don't see any problems with doing so.

Best wishes my friend!

• 4 weeks later...

hello again,

after three dozens flights with Airbus family, I can confirm that time accelerazion up to 4x enroute did not cause any issue to my flights

just for confirmation, my workaround for the sudden jinkiings is working consistently: to pause the game for one-two seconds, upon weather injection on descent and scenery creation on approach, as soon as the aircraft would start its weird behavior: I've never experienced anymore a loss of control by doing that

by the way: also for the same sudden loss of control (accelereration on the ground), forewarned by a low pitch rumbling sound, it's enough to tap the brakes for a split second, to keep control

this just for other Aerosoft pilots ;)

1 hour ago, Tozzifan said:

hello again,

after three dozens flights with Airbus family, I can confirm that time accelerazion up to 4x enroute did not cause any issue to my flights

just for confirmation, my workaround for the sudden jinkiings is working consistently: to pause the game for one-two seconds, upon weather injection on descent and scenery creation on approach, as soon as the aircraft would start its weird behavior: I've never experienced anymore a loss of control by doing that

by the way: also for the same sudden loss of control (accelereration on the ground), forewarned by a low pitch rumbling sound, it's enough to tap the brakes for a split second, to keep control

this just for other Aerosoft pilots ;)

I run a 4th generation I7 processor (i7-4770K O.C to 4.5GHz) and I don't suffer any of the issues that you are having.  I also run ActiveSky, all payware scenery including ORBX Global/Vector and when I run P3D I have more software running on 4 different HD displays than anyone I know, and I've been at this a very, very long time and know a LOT of people besides the hundreds I do tech support for.

I can all but assure you that the issue you're having are due to either frame rate issues or a CPU/GPU bottleneck as what you describe is precisely characteristic of this.  Since you're running a 9900K, it has to be your settings, tweaks or overclock causing this on your system.  When I say "settings", I'm talking about everything from BIOS to P3D and everything in between.  I can't say anything for sure because I'm not sitting in front of your system, but I'd bet a good deal of money that you are simply badly in need of a system groom.

I hope this is helpful to you my friend!

Best wishes.

Archived