lift_scalar for [FLAPS.0], A321 IAE

In the aircraft.cfg this entry seems to have changed for the A321 IAE:

[FLAPS.0]

lift_scalar                = 0.73

For the A321 CFM:

lift_scalar                0.428

All of the A319-20 aircraft have this entry:

lift_scalar                = 0.385 //0.86=>cfg 3

Just curious about the change - it seems odd that the A321 IAE would have a value so different from the rest.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Moderate Chop said:

In the aircraft.cfg this entry seems to have changed for the A321 IAE:

[FLAPS.0]

lift_scalar                = 0.73

For the A321 CFM:

lift_scalar                0.428

All of the A319-20 aircraft have this entry:

lift_scalar                = 0.385 //0.86=>cfg 3

Just curious about the change - it seems odd that the A321 IAE would have a value so different from the rest.

Thanks!

Not at all strange, just tightening up the flight charactertics.

Remember, the A321 is longer than the rest of the family.  Something neat to compare is the fuel systems between the A321 and the rest of the family too!

Best wishes!

Thank you for the reply.

In my post I wasn't comparing the A321 to the rest of the family. I was comparing the A321 with IAE engines to the A321 with CFM engines. I just found it odd that changing engine manufacturers would dramatically change a lift scalar (by more than 70%). And this seems to be a change introduced some time in the 1.2.3.X run. But if you tell me that's how it works, I'll accept that. I know nothing about how the flight model is parameterized in P3D.

20 hours ago, Moderate Chop said:

Thank you for the reply.

In my post I wasn't comparing the A321 to the rest of the family. I was comparing the A321 with IAE engines to the A321 with CFM engines. I just found it odd that changing engine manufacturers would dramatically change a lift scalar (by more than 70%). And this seems to be a change introduced some time in the 1.2.3.X run. But if you tell me that's how it works, I'll accept that. I know nothing about how the flight model is parameterized in P3D.

Ah, I completely misunderstood!  Thanks for setting me straight my friend.

I'm completely tied up until tomorrow afternoon, but I'll take a look at that and speak to our dev team and let you know what I find.

Thanks for everything my friend!

Archived