1.2.4.0 Checklists w/Copilot Issues

Since the 1.2.4.0 update, I've found the following issues when flying with checklists enabled and copilot:

10000 feet callout is not happening. Copilot is not turning off lights and seatbelts.

transition altitude - when copilot calls out transition altitude, the change is made, the altimeter setting changes to STD but the altitude has not adjusted. If I don't manually pull the altimeter knob, another callout is made a few minutes later 'Altimeter setting'. This will continue until I pull the Altimeter knob.

I'll add to my first post another issue just discovered - on arrival, the FO is unable to turn on either passenger sign switch. The switch will not go into the on position. Same result if I try to turn it on manually. The switch will snap back to 'auto'. This behaviour stops when checklists are turned off. 

If checklists are left on, there's is a rapid clicking sound until the checklists are turned off. 

this issue presented itself some versions ago, and somewhere along the line it was resolved. Something in 1.2.4.0 is causing the issue to come back

P3d 4.5

After 1240

The A320 has engines working OK.

A318 is loading with engines off,A319 with no avionics and a newspaper and coffee appearing and disappearing repeatably.

Thanks, david

On 4/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, bhorv67 said:

10000 feet callout is not happening. Copilot is not turning off lights and seatbelts.

The 10000 feet callout happened to me above 13000 feet.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/20/2019 at 11:37 PM, david_wi said:

After 1240

The A320 has engines working OK.

A318 is loading with engines off,A319 with no avionics and a newspaper and coffee appearing and disappearing repeatably.

Thanks, david

Have you completely uninstalled the old version, including removal of all remaining folders before you installed the new version?

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

Have you completely uninstalled the old version, including removal of all remaining folders before you installed the new version?

Yes and also rebooting the OS

On 4/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, bhorv67 said:

transition altitude - when copilot calls out transition altitude, the change is made, the altimeter setting changes to STD but the altitude has not adjusted. If I don't manually pull the altimeter knob, another callout is made a few minutes later 'Altimeter setting'. This will continue until I pull the Altimeter knob.

I also experienced this in 1240

On 4/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

david-wi, so you have EXACTLY the same issue as bhorv67 (oh how I hate these stupid names)? 

Same as he says, and which name you hate?:)

See screenshot of the A319 in P3D V4.4

Please login to display this image.

I just finished a flight using route LEMG / DAOO (FL270 - LEMG PEK01H ON DAOO) and the checklist worked perfectly, but I still with problems with checklist on my domestic flights in Brazil, especially those with destinations at airports above sea level and relatively short runways.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please give me an example for such a flight and what are the specific problems you are experiencing on this flight. Then I will try to reproduce......

Flight from SBRJ to SBSP (2631") using A319 EASYJET G-EZAX (v1.2.4.0) at FL280.

Route "SBRJ SID(IH1C.UMBAD) UZ44 PAGOG STAR(PAGOG2A) SBSP ILS35LX". At PERF APPR page the QNH, temp and wind were got from ATIS 127.650. Intercept GS set to 5000 feet and DA 2829 feet acording chart for SBSP ILS 35 (site AISWEB).

Using Navigraph 1806.

Checklist worked well until the LANDING CHECKLIST was call out and after that the AFTER LANDING was not call out. After landing and still in the runway,  the message LEAVE RUNWAY was not show and the checklist has stopped working. I only applied the brakes (after reverses) when the speed was under 60 knots. The image on the MCDU3 shows a confuse checklist just after landing.

I'm sorry to be returning to this subject, but my flights (using checklist and copilot) in Europe and USA always work out. 

I repeated the flight SBRJ-SBSP. The descent this time was on runway 17R of SBSP. The landing was good and when I applied the brakes my speed already was less than 60 knots and I still had a good runway length to give the LEAVE RUNWAY message time to be shown but it was not shown and the checklist stopped (no AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST and so on). The last item in the checklist was LANDING CHECKLIST. In the image bellow (before the landing) I show the exact moment MINIMUS was call out. There is a msg LDG INHIBIT on ECAM. Why this? The second image is from MCDU3 just after landing.

Since I am not knowing how to target an airport above sea level, as SBSP (2630 feet), I did a SBCT-SBFL at FL220, where SBFL is an airport that stays at 16 feet. This time  everything went perfect with the checklist.

route SBCT BUVB1A.OGPAK OGPAK UTEBIA.EDIVI MUKAL SBFL

Sumarizing, here in the southern hemisphere (Brazil), my flights only have the cheklist working well when the destination airport is almost at sea level. In the northern hemisphere everything works perfect in any airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis, we had the same discussion a couple of months ago

you were right and I solved the issue. I just did a flight again and had no problems at all after landing in SBSP e.g. I got the message "LEAVE RUNWAY" and the following CL worked well as required. So I do not know what to do.......... resp. have no idea to help you!

Regards,

Rolf

Hi, Hanse. Today is Sunday and you should be with the family, in any case, thanks for your aid. Yes, we've already discussed this problem. I was guessing that the code with problem, for some reason, was active again. Speaking from developer to developer (I am a retired developer), these things can happen. Glad to know that was not the case. I'm going to review my concepts and keep trying here. Thank you.

Hanse, could you please tell me the STAR and TRANSITION you have used in your landing on to the runway 17R (or 35L) of SBSP? Can you confirm the MDA 2820 into BARO if 17R is the runway in use? I will try to reproduce your flight. I think that doing this I will have parameters to talk better with you.

Since everyone seems to be using this as a bug report thread for the new version I'll add to it.  Let me know if you want me to post separately?

This is a new install of 1.2.4.0 of the A320/A321 product into a new install of P3D v4.5 on a brand new computer running Win10Pro.  It's all less than a week old.  Today I flew my first flight using the Aerosoft Airbus, in this case the A321 with UAE engines.  I ran into 2 issues with the checklist, one of which was posted above in the 1st or 2nd post....

1)  After passing the transition altitude and the copilot setting both altimeters to STD, I started getting the "Altimeter Setting" callout a few minutes later.  This was resolved by pulling out the altimeter knobs and pushing them back in.  So this wasn't a big issue.

2)  What WAS a big issue was that on final approach, when the "pilot" called out for "Exterior Lights", the copilot didn't change them and the "pilot" got stuck in an infinite loop of saying "Exterior Lights".  There was no way to shut her up and it didn't matter what I did to the exterior lights, the loop continued.

Thanks in advance.  I'm loving this plane so far (other than these issues).

Today I was able to achieve success using checklist and co-pilot in a flight from SBRJ to SBSP. I do not know what I did of different this time. Sorry. Now I'm sure it's some fault of mine during the flight. I'm satisfied and I'm going to explore other airports from now on. Thank you, Hanse.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived