[v1.2.4.0] Waypoint not inserted

Er!k

Hi all,

Just doing a flight with the A318 from LFPO to EHAM. Inserting the waypoints I notice the following. Normal waypoints can be inserted, if you select a waypoint that exists multiple times and you choose one from the list, it is not inserted in the FP. See the example below:

Please login to display this image.

I want to insert FERDI and get 2 options:

I select the top one and this is the result:

FERDI is not inserted… Any clues?

On 4/21/2019 at 2:28 AM, Secondator said:

Hello Erik,

It's a bug that we have recently discovered and working on to get fixed. Thanks for the report though!

Hi,

Do you know how far away the fix is?

Thanks.

Hello.It's the same problem with  radio panel, when I want insert for example GAR for VOR I get two option as well I select one of them and GAR is not inserted.....with only one avalible VOR like KAK or KAX it's ok.Regards.

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

Unfortunately I am unable to give you any estimates at this moment. We are looking into it.

Thanks. Any chance we can get an option to roll back the aircraft to the version before 1.2.4.0?

I agree with airnz515........this problem is pretty fundemantal to operating the Airbus and, if there is no fix in the immediate future, I would welcome the capability to roll back to a fully working version. I have never experienced this problem before and it is slightly strange that it has appeared with this supposed "Non-Experimental version :1.2.4.0 "

Thanks.

I am confused!

v1.2.4.0 was released on Friday 18th April.

At 1510 on Saturday 19th April, ERIK posted that waypoints from a multiple list could not be inserted into a FP.

At 1628 on Saturday 19th April, SECONDATOR posted : "It's a bug that we have recently discovered and working on to get fixed."

I am pretty sure that the release would not have gone ahead if this problem was already known to exist.

However, the question has to be asked : "why was this bug not discovered during pre-release testing?"

Thanks......

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello ianor,

The issue was indeed discovered just after the release of 1.2.4.0. The release happened on Thursday and if I remember correctly, I first noticed this on Friday afternoon. I do agree that it should have been discovered before the release. It's a rare occurrence but sometimes when one thing is fixed something else doesn't work anymore as intended.  We try to do testing so that we test for the fix and also check that the fix did not break anything else. However, sometimes things slip through and we discover them just after release which is very unfortunate both for us and for users and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. 

We are constantly trying to improve the testing and development process and try to learn from these occurrences. In fact, we are currently looking for new members to help us test the release version so that we have more eyes to discover these things before they go public. Anyone interested to help can check the information from this thread:

Hello Secondator,

Many thanks for your honest and reasoned response.

The problem/glitch/bug still remains however! As there seems to be no immediate fix or, indeed, even an estimated time for a fix.......would it be possible for users to roll-back to a previous working version?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no possibility to roll-back the update. We take this matter as one of our first priorities and try our best to get it fixed for the next experimental update which we will release as soon as possible.

For me the aircraft is not flyable right now; and returning to v.1.2.3.0 is not an option since I do not have the installer files anymore :(

Developers pls update, at least the hotfix should be released, now my aircraft has been parked since the 1.2.4 upgraded.

Yes is there any good workaround for this? It's pretty much another reason to put this plane in the hangar. You can put the lat and lon in but this is only a rough approximation of the waypoint.

i just had this happen yesterday leaving kpsp... couldnt manually put psp or pmd vor's in the fpl

work around was loading the exported route from simbrief

I have the same problem, both on the DIR TO page and when trying to change a VOR/freq on the RadioNav page.

P3D V4.5 & Abus rel 1.2.4.0

Waiting for next week ... Thank you

25 minutes ago, JMJLEPP said:
I have the same problem, both on the DIR TO page and when trying to change a VOR/freq on the RadioNav page.

P3D V4.5 & Abus rel 1.2.4.0

Waiting for next week ... Thank you

Thanks for the report!

This problem is universal (everyone has it).  Our dev team reports that it's been resolved in tomorrows update.

Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I updated my Airbusses (via new installation) to 1.2.4.0 on the 19. May

I am having a similar issue right now. When i want to "fix info" or add a "pilot waypoint" it also doesn't work with VOR's with the same name.

I have read, that its solved for 1.2.4.1 but my AS Updater doesn't find that version and tells me that my Version (1.2.4.0) is the newest.

Is there something wrong with my updater ?

Best regards

Archived