Why are external views locked?

sddjd

Subject says it all. I've combed through the aircraft.cfg and reset every xyzadjust = FALSE to "true". 

STILL cannot pan or zoom the external views using the hat switch, etc. While I cannot possibly grasp why this was thought to be a good idea, is there another setting in the 'bus configurations that is locking these views in place? 

Note- this is not a p3d problem, it's unique to the Airbus Prof product. Thanks to anyone who can help! I'm a fan of being able to tweak my external/wing views in-sim. 

14 hours ago, sddjd said:

Subject says it all. I've combed through the aircraft.cfg and reset every xyzadjust = FALSE to "true". 

STILL cannot pan or zoom the external views using the hat switch, etc. While I cannot possibly grasp why this was thought to be a good idea, is there another setting in the 'bus configurations that is locking these views in place? 

Note- this is not a p3d problem, it's unique to the Airbus Prof product. Thanks to anyone who can help! I'm a fan of being able to tweak my external/wing views in-sim. 

This is not normal operation of either the Aerosoft View system or the standard views for the Airbus.  There is never any need to adjust the cameras for the aircraft.

So, something must have happened with your config type files, as I can say that all views work just fine in the Airbus whether you're using standard views (Airbus view system turned off in the MCDU settings), the Airbus view system itself, EZDoc and Chaseplane work fine with our software as well.

I would uninstall, remove any remaining Airbus files EXCEPT the GENERAL folder.  If you're installed to a default location then you'll find the folders/files in your Documents/Aerosoft folder.

Then reboot, reinstall the Airbus Pro, reboot, and then give it a try. If you have added any liveries, be sure to back them up using the Livery Manager.

Let us know how you make out?

Best wishes.

Before I go through removal/reinstall can you clarify "There is never any need to adjust the cameras for the aircraft"? Is that to say that pan/tilt/zoom is intended to be disabled in the external views (wing, engine, etc)?

Archived