Possible ground surface issue at LFBO (Solved)

Last night I flew into LFBO and noticed when I was taxiing from the runway to the apron how my aircraft (Zibo 737-800) suddenly heeled back and forth like if the ground was very uneven. Couldn't see any visual evidence though why this was.

Today when I was planning for next flight out of LFBO, I noticed the same thing on my way to the runway. Today, I took notice of exactly where I experienced this. I have marked the positions in red as seen in the screenshot below.

Any idea if it indeed is an issue with the scenery or could it be something on my side causing this? Haven't seen this anywhere else.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello,

I think, you are using the addon Toulouse from the shop or from the Airport Pack with the sim X-Plane 11.

What is your X-Plane 11? XP11.34 or 11.35?

Do you have any Mesh Addon installed?

I will check it here .... 

Greets Heinz

Hello Heinz,

I'm on X-Plane 11.34 and I'm using the Toulouse scenery from your store.

I don't have any separate mesh products installed since I'm using ZL17 Ortho4XP all over Europe.

• Administrator

Hello WebMaximus,

ok, but the Ortho4XP also uses a mesh.

I have tested Toulouse here without any Mesh and without any Ortho4XP (XP11.35).

Only with the X-Plane 11 default mesh.

Then the airport is ok. No problems with taxiways N4 and N2 here.

Can you try to disable your Ortho4XP and test again please?

And if you want, please send us your Log.txt file.

Greets Heinz

Tried disabling the tile where Toulouse is located (+43+001) and sure enough, no issue as you say. However, I then tried re-enabling the tile and still no issue which of course is great news!

The only thing I can think of is I noticed how I first reported the issue on April 16'th but has since rebuilt all my tiles using Ortho4XP v1.30 where I was previously using Ortho4XP tiles built using Ortho4XP v1.20.

So, in one way or the other, Ortho4XP v1.30 builds tiles with better compatibility in this regard.

I do remember one of the main reasons I chose to rebuild all my tiles (which took a while considering I have 736 of them...) was a new feature in Ortho4XP v1.30 where it automatically takes elevation at airports into consideration meaning you can enjoy sloped runways for instance but also see the correct elevation in general at certain airports.

And looks like it also sorted this issue so feel free to close this thread 👍

Archived