Idea's for P3D V4 Airbus fleet

Hello development team,

Recently i have been thinking about how the Aerosoft airbus fleet could improve and here are some of my suggestions that hopefully could be thought of:

• PA system 
  • Cabin sound when looking at wing (When in the wing view, it is all just engine noise as if you were on the exterior of the aircraft currently)

Hopefully my idea's could be thought of and could be added for the future.

Kind Regards,
Bill

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We really focus on the cockpit and not on the cabin because it is a flight simulator. I am not sure what a PA system should do. 

In the cockpit, under the comms panel, it has a pa button which is currently non-clickable. It should pick up what people are saying in the mic and repeat that in the wing or cabin view. Just gives a little more realism like the cabin sound with the engine noises 

I know another developer implemented it like this, but it's not how it works in the real aircraft.

In real life the PA system is a 100% real time system, meaning what you say is heared in the cabin instantaniously. No delays at all.

Thus recording what you say and then repeating it in wing views would not really be realistic at all. Why not just switch to the wingview and then say what you want to say?

Hi Emanuel,

Bazingabill does not want to say anything. What he wants are cabin announcements like safetyvideos, Welcome on board. All the stuff the cabincrew is telling you before and during a flight. You know fasten sealt belt, open window blind, etc,.....

thats what he wants. The other developer with F has triggered some sound packs, what are triggered while starting boarding, or starting the engines, seatbelt switch. All those actions do trigger those voice announcements. You got me?

Bye Pascal

He wants to click the PA button, that's the button which pilots can use to talk through the PA system using their headset mike. Either the other developer got a seriously wrong implementation of the functionality of that button or his last post is not the same as yours.

Normal PA's like fasten belts, etc. are already implemented since years, are they not?

Indeed we had them long before the other developer even released ;)

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Bazingabill said:

In the cockpit, under the comms panel, it has a pa button which is currently non-clickable. It should pick up what people are saying in the mic and repeat that in the wing or cabin view. Just gives a little more realism like the cabin sound with the engine noises 

So you want the add-on to be able to access a real microphone on your system and then play what you say in real time out of the loudspeakers. That seems to make very little sense. If you want to simulate that simply click the button and speak. 

3 hours ago, DriverX said:

thats what he wants. The other developer with F has triggered some sound packs, what are triggered while starting boarding, or starting the engines, seatbelt switch. All those actions do trigger those voice announcements. You got me?

And we had them for the last 6 years. 

Please login to display this image.

Dear Mathijs, yes we know or i know.

Emanuell are discussing what Bazingabill really wants to have. At least out of his text its not 100%safe to say what is his suggestion.

If he wants to talk on a micro or if he wants cabin crew voices???

43 minutes ago, DriverX said:

Dear Mathijs, yes we know or i know.

Emanuell are discussing what Bazingabill really wants to have. At least out of his text its not 100%safe to say what is his suggestion.

If he wants to talk on a micro or if he wants cabin crew voices???

How about we let him speak for himself then? Even though to me his last post was pretty clear as he described exactly what FSL is doing in their Airbus on the PA button.

But I am sure he will clarify in his next post.

12 hours ago, Bazingabill said:

@Emanuel Hagen
@DriverX

To be honest, both of your are right here but i was spinning to the more pa system idea, which was to talk into the mic of your headset and then change to wing view and be able to hear what you have just recorded through the cabin.
Although, if it was to be cabin sounds that the cabin crew announce over the pa system, it would be an interesting idea if there was a new sound when the aircraft is pushing back just for a little more realism within the aircraft and sim.

Archived