Undocked Pop up MCDU greatly reduces FPS

chrisal

As it says really.

I like to undock the 3rd MCDU and move it to another screen. But even if I leave it on the main screen FPS drops from say 30-50 fps down to 10fps when undocked.

Is it just my set-up or you think or is this a wider problem. All 3 MCDUs do this.

I'm sure it didn't used to do this but I can't remember which release it was.

Cheers

Chris

3 hours ago, chrisal said:

As it says really.

I like to undock the 3rd MCDU and move it to another screen. But even if I leave it on the main screen FPS drops from say 30-50 fps down to 10fps when undocked.

Is it just my set-up or you think or is this a wider problem. All 3 MCDUs do this.

I'm sure it didn't used to do this but I can't remember which release it was.

Cheers

Chris

This is a very well known occurance with all versions of FSX and P3D and (assuming only P3D is running) seen when processors aren't running above 4.0GHz.  So it's not the Airbus, it's P3D.

You'll likely notice this with any other open Windows in P3D, such as opening another view window.

Best wishes!

Thanks. I am using P3D 4.5. However, in this case the processor (6700k) will be OC'd at 4.8Ghz. I'll check that. And I'm fairly certain this was not happening even a couple of weeks ago. I should say I upgrade with every experimental build.

Cheers

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am using 4.4 and cannot reproduce the issue...... If you look into the P3D Forum you will see that there are a lot of FPS-problems with v4.5. So maybe it is also related to 4.5.....

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived